ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help with links on our class web page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/22/08 11:03 AM Views: 1496 Replies: 7
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 11:03 AM

After 8 months of planning and setting a date/location, recently the reunion committee had to change the location of the 30 year reunion. On our front page under the LARGE attention sign is a statement that reads "PLEASE SEE THE CHANGES TO THE 30 YEAR REUNION VENUE LOCATION!!!"

I would like to make that a clickable link that goes straight to the 30 Year Reunion page on our site.

I was told I need to make a code, with an anchor tag, target etc... I am trying to learn this html coding, but I think I have hit a (as my teenage son would say) a "Brain Fart" because I can't figure this out for anything.

It is probably a simple thing, but I NEED HELP......... PLEASE!

Thanks,

Sue

PS... You folks online amaze me. I have learned so much just by reading your messages. I do appreciate each and everyone of your postings, because I have been able to apply your tricks/tips. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS2... Brad is there any way to see a list of all the to do list that you and your crew are doing or are in the works for us in the future. I am so excited and can hardly wait.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 11:41 AM - Response #1

1) Your Attention graphic, your welcome graphic, and your two side by side photos are all causing your page to "blow out" I recommend reducing the size of the first two, and on those two side by side photos either reduce them both in size, or stack them vertically. I would also reduce the size of your "where's the party" graphic on your reunion page, as it's blowing out your reunion page. If you don't mind it doing this you can certainly leave it, but many lower resolution readers will have to scroll back and forth right and left to read your information...

2) Making your link is actually simple. You can click on your "attention" graphic on your home page and/or highlight the text under it, then click on your chain link icon. When the box comes up asking for the link just put in http://www.classichornets78.com/member_ReunionSignup.cfm

3) The to do list is private, but it is based on public requests. The list is dynamic and priorities change. It's really not feasible to keep a working public list, but I promise you you're in good hands. Smile

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM - Response #2

I've been working on my website, and added a hotel page. The design of the page has a notch out with a photo in it and I can't get it to not cut-off the word "Hotels". How do I do that? Thanks.

http://www.classcreator.com/Kings-Mountain-NC-1978/class_custom2.cfm

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 11:35 PM - Response #3

You only have so much room available on your page width wise. Thus you can't put item son your page that are wider than the room you have. Your 607 pixel tables were blowing out your design. I made them all 507 pixels instead for you -- now they fit. If you ever see this again, some element you've put on your page is too wide and you need to reduce it. Having access to so much editing power is one of the greatest advantages of Class Creator, but also allows you to easily "break things." Over the course of time as you work with your site you'll pretty quickly figure out what you can and can't do with graphics, tables, embedded objects, etc.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM - Response #4

I don't have a chain to click on to add a link. I go to edit the page and when I type in or copy and paste the link it just shows up as text. How can I make it a clickable link?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM - Response #5

Jason,

I am on your hame page and see where it looks like you are trying to link to your Facebook. That being the case:

1. Open you Home Page in Edit mode
2. Copy/Cut your Facebook web address
3. Type "Click Here" in its place
4. Highlight the "Click Here" text
5. Look for the Globe (with 2 chain links) Icon and click it
6. Paste your Facebook address in the URL address space in the window that pops up
7. Click OK

Thats it.

You can also do this with a picture, just click the picture instead of highlighting the textWink

Aloha

Derry

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM - Response #6

Are you using Safari for Mac? If so please use Firefox instead. We are currently updating our Safari editor. ETA until Safari update is complete: 3 weeks.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 1:57 AM - Response #7

Thanks...I am using a mac so that is the problem. Looking forward to those 3 weeks being up...haha!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.