ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Some Pages Not Visibile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/18/10 09:10 AM Views: 1962 Replies: 12
Friday, June 18, 2010 at 9:10 AM

When I login to our website this morning some of the pages were not visible. They say at the bottom of the page that they are loading and then it says done and the page is blank. Managing Classmates, CMA School Roster, Happy Birthday (came up and then went blank),Edit Site pages. Can you help?

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM - Response #1

Are you still having the issue? I can't recreate the problem on my end. If yes, what Browser and Version number are you using? How is your connection when visiting other sites on the internet?

THX Scott

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM - Response #2

hI scott

my browser is Internet Explorer ver 8.0.7600.16385
I am using windows 7

I have had no problems with other websites.

I did go on my wife's computer and was able to go to the pages mentioned.

I have not made any changes to my computer.

I have not tried to get to theses page in a few days.

What could have happened?

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM - Response #3

I just went back to the website and was able to get to the page mentioned.

Another computer mystery.

Thanks

Randy

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM - Response #4

Sorry everyone, Just went back to the website and the problem has returned.

Clicked on Manage Classmates and it went to that page and then I clicked on add new classmate and it would not display the page.

Any ideas?

Randy

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM - Response #5

Hi Everyone

I think I just found the problem, when I thought about what I had changed recently on the website, I remembered that I turned on "instant messaging" yesterday. I have not seen anyone else online to try it out but when I closed the instant messaging window, I was able to see the pages I could not see before.

Anybody go any ideas about this.

Thanks

Randy

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM - Response #6

Just yesterday, Adobe released an update to their Flash Player.

I installed a flash update yesterday and it cleared up some issues I was having with viewing videos embedded in flash on other sites.

My current versions is 10,1,53,64

You can see your current Flash Player Version by following this link:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If it is not the same, I would look to download and update your flash player.

After the update, I'd do a fresh reboot of your computer and log back in and try visiting those pages again.

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM - Response #7

Hi Scott

I just checked my flash version and I have the same as you. I shut down my computer and then rebooted and went to my website and It was working fine on the pages I could not see before. I went to prefrences and turned on instant messaging and immediately could not see the pages that I described earlier.

I would like to use instant messaging. Could you find a solution for my problem, obviously something is conflicting.

Thanks

Randy

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM - Response #8

You mentioned that your wife's machine was working fine.

What is the difference between the two computers? I'm not sure this info will help, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

Have you tried logging in through IE on your machine? Please try and tell me what happens.

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM - Response #9

Hi Scott

My wife's computer is a Dell Laptop running Win Vista and IE 8.0, she has the latest version of Flash just like you and I.

I am confused about your question about logingin to the website through IE, I always use IE when logingin.

Randy

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM - Response #10

Scott

I hate to be such a pest, I went back to my site and logged off. I then went to IE and typed in the name of my website and the site appeared. I checked to make sure that Instant Messaging was turned on both in my profile and in the preferences since I am an Administrator.

The instant messenger dialog box came with my photo. and I went to my home page, then clicked on "Manage Classmates" the page said done at the bottom of the left hand page. The only thing that was visible on my page was the "Instant Message box" I clicked on the top of the box and the page became visible.

I has to be something to do with the pop up instant message box don't you think?

Randy

Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM - Response #11

Currently investigating this.

Monday, June 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM - Response #12

IE-8 is causeing some of the problems. I went back to IE 7 now every thing is ok.

Edited 06/21/10 12:47 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.