ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

User Forms

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/09 10:24 PM Views: 1400 Replies: 10
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Hi Brad:

I'm attempting to use the 'User Forms". when I go the edit site pages I can not find a listing for User Forms. Can you have a look and send me directions for setting up a system so classmates can comment on our reunion? Thanks in advance Sad

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM - Response #1

Somebody renamed "User Forums" to "Reunion Pictures." So that's the one you need to activate. If you want a place for people to post, share, and discuss reunion pictures, I recommend you set up a specific forum inside of your User Forums for this purpose, and then rename your current "Reunion Pictures" link to something that is more indicative of a discussion forum.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM - Response #2

Thanks for you quick reply. Don't you ever take a day off!! Now that I've reset the user formum. How do I use it. You must have many questions from dummies like me. Do you have a 'directions list'?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Response #3

I recommend playing around with it for a bit. We don't have step by step directions, but your User Forums are pretty much a clone of these same forums here that you're already using. If you have any questions just let me know. You can set up unlimited forums, which is the equivalent to what you see by clicking "Forum List" above. Within those forums your members can post unlimited new Topics. And within those Topics members can post unlimited replies.

What's a day off?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM - Response #4

I just wrote something similar to this. They can do a little in visual, sound and links as well can't they?

They need to be talking to each other and exchanging ideas and advise.

I liked the one question lately, where someone asked about putting it on the home page. It's more apt to be noticed. My only concern was how do you keep it private and not see topics short of putting a lock on it from the public? You still need it inviting ... to the ones that should be in there.

What is a portal? is that the same as the security locks? I've heard of them but haven't looked to deep. But, they sound inviting!Wink

By the way, can you put a spell check in here? Cool

Well, back to my map quest!

Thanks!

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 2:27 AM - Response #5

Yes, members can do a little visual, sound and links, or pretty much whatever they want.

A portal? I'm not sure what you're specifically asking but a portal is usually a site that many people use as their launching pad to other things. Has nothing to do with security locks anyway, I'm probably misunderstanding your question.

We'd put in spell check here but we're too busy working on your sites to work on ours. Smile Just turn on the Google toolbar and you can spell check anything though. I kind of like using Firefox because the spell checker works as you type.

Edited 08/24/09 2:28 AM
Monday, August 24, 2009 at 3:03 AM - Response #6

Yes, I do use firefox and the red line comes on but then, you have to know how to spell to fix it! I like the suggestion ones. LOL!

Then it takes me a long time figure it out.

Well, I probably didn't put the question out well enough for you to say much about portals. Basically, you answered by giving the definition an the difference in them.

Thank you for your help and suggestions I think it helped a lot. Hoping I'm back on track for a while.

I'm working on the maps in the google maps as you suggested. I may not have to go to a player after I design them. I think it is built into the program. I will let you know if it works.

Thank you!

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 3:35 AM - Response #7

If one of those red squiggly lines is under a misspelled word, just right click on the word to fix it.

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 5:00 AM - Response #8

Is there an action for mac?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM - Response #9

Most likely hold down the command key while clicking.

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM - Response #10

The 'Right' click works on a Mac, as does the control key with a left click! Amazing! Thanks for all.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.