ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Disappearing content

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/20 09:50 PM Views: 342 Replies: 10
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 9:50 PM

I just checked several pages to see if the JVideoPlayers were working correctly and now half or more of the content for my pages are gone. That's right gone from the live page but present on the edit page --thank goodness. Please check what's going on.

Look at For Fifties' Folks, Let's Remember, and Chicago Neighborhoods. That's all I checked, and I checked them multiple times.

When I pulled up Let's Remember the second time, the JVideoPlayer did NOT work but it did the third time. The content was gone all three times.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 10:36 PM - Response #1

On this all those pages where the content is 'gone' the ending < /script > is missing twice. [Only two pages are ok]

http://www.fengerjune1958.com/Northwest-Side.htm and most of the others.

Is that (missing < /script > present when seen in the Editor?

The missing part "eats" all the code following since it never finds a terminating < /script >

I bet this is another side effect of the code that was modifying it the first time. If you can see the item mentioned in the editor, then that is exactly the problem.

(blanks inserted so this posts ok here)

Edited 06/05/20 10:37 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:02 PM - Response #2

I did not see </script> after the code in source and before the missing content but am not sure that's where you wanted me to look. I looked at all three pages and found it missing so I'm guessing I didn't look in the right place since you said two pages were all right.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:10 PM - Response #3

Now, nothing is showing in Let's Remember -- like Chicago Neighborhoods. This is really weird.

Edited 06/05/20 11:10 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:31 PM - Response #4

Yes, they all have the same issue. (Except the pages that show the videos)

So in source mode, whenever you see < script > there has to be an ending < /script >

For JVideoplayer you will have that Twice for each player. Basic code all looks like this

The TWO ending < /scripts > are missing > If you did not edit them, and they are missing, then some program at CC did this.

Edited 06/05/20 11:32 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:42 PM - Response #5

I never heard of

Edited 06/05/20 11:44 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:43 PM - Response #6

It must be me. The message I wrote is NOT complete for you to read but is complete in the edit mode. Is this possible?

Here is is, hopefully:

I never heard of

Edited 06/05/20 11:45 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:46 PM - Response #7

I'll try retyping:

I never heard of </script> before tonight. I did edit For Fifties Folks tonight but not the other two pages.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:47 PM - Response #8

?? incomplete post ??

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 11:54 PM - Response #9

Jack, I sent 3 since you wrote last. Didn't you get all?

Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 12:08 AM - Response #10

Oh, be careful when typing < script > stuff in the forum. That's why I put a space there. The forum will interpret certain statements and then BOOM, the whole topic gets locked up. I bet you put < script > forgetting the / and then that did exactly the same as your PAGEIdea

I'm surprised the first one showed since I did that a long time ago and that was the end of that topic. Very Happy

Not unusual to not realize you had those before since you were copying/pasting. But yes, those used to be there or should be there.

Edited 06/06/20 12:14 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.