ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/28/11 07:57 PM Views: 1130 Replies: 1
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM
A-LogOn Box.jpg

I have responded to many pleas for help from our registered alumni (for the past 3 years) who have forgotten their password. Since we have about 4000 registered members on our All-Years site now, this happens a lot! It also happens on our single year class sites.

I don't know what the percentage of those that forget and actually figure it out (how to retrieve their password) to those that ask for help, but I think it would be fantastic if we could make a simple improvement to the "Log In" box!

My suggestion is that the words, "Forgot password?" show up as a blue hyperlink, rather than grey text. Why are they grey anyway? It's a hyperlink! Changing it would make it the same as the words below it "JOIN HERE", which are visible as a blue hyperlink.

As grey text, it is obviously easy to overlook or even know that they are something you can click on to resolve forgotten password concerns.

Another alternative would be to add a red arrow and the words, "<--- Click Here" right after "Forgot password?". To make it clear to those who don't understand what they need to do.

I'm sure it would dramatically reduce the questions and make it more visibly clear what one needs to do to get their password sent to them. As it is now, I have to regularly reply with detailed instructions and an illustration with a big red arrow pointing to what to click on in the "Log In" box. Many people just don't see it, and especially those who are less computer literate!

What do you think?

Thanks, Bruce

Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM - Response #1

This would indeed be a simple change. Let me run it past the decision makers and see if we can make it happen!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.