ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

email to class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/19 03:33 PM Views: 718 Replies: 14
Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 3:33 PM

I put together a letter to be emailed to the class, but cannot figure out how to place it in the "email box". I've tried several ways, finally got plain text to come up, but none of the banners, images, etc. will post. Any advice?

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 5:05 PM - Response #1

Typically, I would simply suggest using the Editor Window to compose your message. Is your letter an image or does it have images that you are wanting to include?

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 5:17 PM - Response #2

How did you compose the letter on your system? It should be composed using an HTML type of editor (like an email system) not MSWORD. CC's works.

All images used need URL references outside of your own local PC system. Don't not think CC supports embedded images - that's how MSWORD stores them.

If it's a single page letter, simplest way to get it from WORD to an email is to take a screenshot of the letter and then use the screenshot image as "the letter". Use Image function in CC editor.

Edited 02/14/19 5:19 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 6:29 PM - Response #3

It has images, but pardon my ignorance, where is Editor Window?

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 6:30 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

How did you compose the letter on your system? It should be composed using an HTML type of editor (like an email system) not MSWORD. CC's works.

All images used need URL references outside of your own local PC system. Don't not think CC supports embedded images - that's how MSWORD stores them.

If it's a single page letter, simplest way to get it from WORD to an email is to take a screenshot of the letter and then use the screenshot image as "the letter". Use Image function in CC editor.

Jack Be nice she is new to the system an this is only her 2nd post asking for help Rolling Eyes

ADMIN FUNCTIONS

•   Edit Site Pages
•   Manage Classmates
   Email The Class

Click on email the class it will open up a web page and you will see COMPOSE Email

You will have a subject line;

You will have a blank page that will have source and to the right of it will be a box if you click on it will allow you to add pictures etc.
I would try a draft letter first and send it to yourself, or go down and click preview message

my 2 cent worth

P. S. Jack is great at what he does an very helpful

I can't for get SCOTT Embarassed

Edited 02/14/19 6:46 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 7:22 PM - Response #5

(COMPOSE Email
You will have a blank page that will have source and to the right of it will be a box if you click on it will allow you to add pictures etc)

Here is as far as I got. The blank page. Clicked Source and did not see a box.

(By the way, I'm 70 so things don't always come as easily as for other people.)

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM - Response #6

I did compose my letter in MSWord, including text and images. I could not get the document to upload at all. Wish I could just forget the whole thing -- too complicated. However, have information to go out.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM - Response #7

Kathryn Mosse wrote:

(COMPOSE Email
You will have a blank page that will have source and to the right of it will be a box if you click on it will allow you to add pictures etc)

Here is as far as I got. The blank page. Clicked Source and did not see a box.

(By the way, I'm 70 so things don't always come as easily as for other people.)

My mistake I was just pointing out a couple of Things.

You do not need to click on source! Embarassed

Go to the blank area below just like you would do in MESSAGE FORM, after you have typed everything at the bottom of the page you will see Available Classmates
Selected Classmates

All applicable Classmates and Guest Members have been pre-selected to receive your email. If you wish to exclude any Classmates from your mailing you may deselect their names before clicking the "Send Email" button.

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 1:35 AM - Response #8
email the class.pdf

Hi Kathryn - don't give up. Maybe the attached PDF will help. Also - shared above, make sure you select your audience and I always preview and send a test to myself before I release to class. You don't want to have to resend it too many times or it may get ignored.

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:00 AM - Response #9

Hi Kathryn, - You are in the right spot. When you click the Compose Email button and it takes you to the page where you saw the SOURCE button... that IS the Edito WIndow. There are 3 rows to buttons that are in the toolbar at the top of the Editor Window. Those tools allow you to do minor formatting of the copy that you compose in the blank white area (box) directly below the toolbar. You can do all the familiar Bold, Italics, Fonts and Font Sizes using the buttons in the toolbar. You can also use the insert Image button directly to the right of the Source button which will allow you to upload an image to your message.

The key thing to remember when composing your email is to keep it simple. Email Clients / Programs that your members are using will vary from person to person and can be finicky. What displays one way for one person may display another way for another person. So using basic san-serif fonts like Arial is typically your best bet. Also, avoid trying to space your content out using the space bar as that will not work well when rendered in the emial. You can use the tools such as the Center button if you want to center a statement in the page, that typically works well.

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 3:42 PM - Response #10

Hi Kathryn,
You can "Compose" an "Email the Class". Then do a copy of the word document text. Then Paste that into the blank area of the Compose new e-mail (you could use the Paste from word Icon from the tool bar at top). Then for the images, use the "image" icon on the tool bar and upload your images from your PC where you have them saved.

It gets easier as you send my e-mail to your classmates.

Edited 02/15/19 3:43 PM
Friday, February 15, 2019 at 3:48 PM - Response #11

Sometimes, using the Paste from Word button and box can seem confusing. If you need to compose within word, I typically suggest copy / paste your content into Notepad or Simple Text and then Copy Paste from that program into our editor. Those two programs are text only editors and will remove any background formatting code that word would otherwise try to embed when content is copied / pasted directly from word into the editor.

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM - Response #12

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Sometimes, using the Paste from Word button and box can seem confusing. If you need to compose within word, I typically suggest copy / paste your content into Notepad or Simple Text and then Copy Paste from that program into our editor. Those two programs are text only editors and will remove any background formatting code that word would otherwise try to embed when content is copied / pasted directly from word into the editor.

SCOTT I think we have her confused enough, an only you help her Rolling EyesExclamation

Friday, February 15, 2019 at 4:50 PM - Response #13

Thanks for the Tip Scott..

Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 9:23 PM - Response #14

Kathryn, I hope you have been successful in sending your email out using EMAIL THE CLASS.

I would have been happy to help you, yet I agree 100% with Bill as I understand that too much help can be the opposite of help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.