ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email the class glitch

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/06/10 04:29 PM Views: 1553 Replies: 8
Friday, August 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM

When I Email the Class in bulk, some--but not all--are getting duplicate emails. I checked the email list, and there are not duplicate emails listed.

What's going on?

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

This is just a guess because not enough information is provided. (for example, the name(s) of classmates to check)

I would guess that they have E-mail Forwarding turned on and have an alternate e-mail address in their DETAILS section. Both e-mails would get the E-mail The Class e-mail and the alternate e-mail would forward that to the primary e-mail address.

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

This is just a guess because not enough information is provided. (for example, the name(s) of classmates to check)

I would guess that they have E-mail Forwarding turned on and have an alternate e-mail address in their DETAILS section. Both e-mails would get the E-mail The Class e-mail and the alternate e-mail would forward that to the primary e-mail address.

I had one guy once that put the very same email into both primary and alternate on Details. I guess he wanted 2 copies Very Happy

Edited 08/06/10 4:46 PM
Friday, August 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM - Response #3

The two classmates both have alternate emails--Steve Combs and Ferne Kreinberg. Is there a place on their profile that indicates E-mail Forwarding or is this something indicated on their private email accounts?

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM - Response #4

Nope, that is something that is set up on individual e-mail accounts.

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM - Response #5

Yea they breed amongst us.. like the guy who has two DVD players so he does not have to wait to rewind...

OBTW I have the same problem, They send me a message. "Why did I email them twice", Duh "because you are important enough to put the same email down as an alt. email." Most who have alt emails are not bothered by the 2nd email they receive they just delete it and get on with their lives...

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM - Response #6

So, is that the solution? The alternate email also gets the Email the Class email? Those that have two emails get two email blasts?

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 8:26 PM - Response #7

Did they say that they got the two e-mails in the same e-mail account? If not, then they probably got it in two separate e-mail accounts. That is what the Alternate E-mail is for.

Friday, August 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM - Response #8

Got it. Thanks for your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.