ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Paypal Payment Option

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/08/13 11:05 PM Views: 2492 Replies: 36
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hi, looks like from reading some threads that I need someone from CC to add a Paypal payment option in my Reunion Planner. Could someone please help me with this? Do you need any info from me regarding my Paypal account? Thanks!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM - Response #1

Ok, it is done

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks!

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM - Response #3

I would also like to add the PayPal option for selling tickets to our reunion our web site. Is that possible?
Thanks!

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM - Response #4

Nancy,

Sorry, not possible.... Just kidding. I fixed your reunion page to also have PayPal as a payment option.

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM - Response #5

OK, silly guy, so where did you put the link for PayPal?
Thanks!

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #6

In order to see the PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED section of the reunion planner, you need to have something for sale. You need tickets or something else for sale.

Reunion Planner, EDIT
Scroll down.
Click SHOW MORE of your first event
Scroll down
Click ADD A PRODUCT FOR THIS EVENT button
Enter an item for sale
For the event, say that tickets are now available for purchase (you can enable it temporarily if necessary)
Scroll down the page to the PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED section
Fill out the PayPal information
If tickets really aren't for sale yet, scroll back up and disable the "tickets are now available for purchase" option
Save the reunion changes.

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM - Response #7

Thanks Brad!

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM - Response #8

You're welcome! (PS. my name is Kyle)

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM - Response #9

Whoops! Thanks Kyle. I really appreciate the quick response.
Question: Am I able to create a web site for other projects that I work on? Or is this only for reunions?

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #10

Every day, people are using the Class Creator system for sites other than Class Reunions. The system, as is, can be modified under the Preferences page to change all instances of the words Classmate and Classmates, to the words of their choice that fit their intended use of the site. In addition, some pages may not be necessary, and they can be made inactive under Edit Site Pages. Other pages, can be renamed to fit their indented purpose. We have seen sites made for neighborhood associations, family sites, clubs, marching bands, businesses, military reunions, fraternity / sorority, biographies and others.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM - Response #11

I would like the Paypal option turned on.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM - Response #12

OK, Skip, it is done.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM - Response #13

Thanks, Kyle. Just have to make it work.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM - Response #14

Please add PayPal to mine, too. Thanks, Lisa

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM - Response #15

Lisa, ok it is done.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM - Response #16

One more time Kyle I would like to add a PayPal option to my site for ticket purchases.

Bob

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM - Response #17

Bob, OK it is done.

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM - Response #18

I'm not sure the PayPal Option was turned on. Can that be checked. Using it for Tickets and other items, not a donation.

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM - Response #19

Skip,

It is turned on for your reunion, but in order for anyone to see it, you need to have the "Allow tickets to be purchased now." option for your event be activated.

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM - Response #20

Kyle,
Please turn PayPal option on for my reunion planner too!
Thank you!
Lisa

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM - Response #21

OK, done. The option will now be available in the PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED section of your reunion planner, Edit page.

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM - Response #22

Thank you!!!

Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Response #23

I did turn it on to test two buttons. Didn't quite work. Is there a specific page the buttons have to be on? In the mean time I'll do other research into the problem.

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM - Response #24

Hi Kyle,

I would like to have the PayPal option turned on for my reunion website. Would you please assist me?

Thank you,
Barbara

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM - Response #25

Kyle,
Four things: 1) The option for Paypal 'was' there, I checked it, it asked for email address & other information which I didn't have at the time. Going back to it, it is no longer there as an option. 2) And can't it just default to use the Paypal account we have on our home page? 3) On the reunion planner, if we were to choose to offer a 4.9% discount for cc, would folks get charged the 4.9% if they use Paypal? Right now we just have 3 different prices depending on how they pay and registrants have to choose the correct one.
4) Registrants who pay by cc aren't charged any additional handling fee, right? They just pay the price we set, right? And check payers get a 4.9% discount off that set price?

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM - Response #26

Okay, I see the option is now back. But, after all that I've decided to not offer the Paypal option to simplify the registration process. I get the whole pricing charge with CC processing credit cards now and that it has nothing to do with Paypal. I just don't want to have two payment options for regular and Paypal.
Thank you for all you do to help me!

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM - Response #27

Barbara --- OK, turned it on for your website.

Lisa, turned it on again for your website.
2. The two pages aren't connected, so it cannot default to the Paypal account on the home page at this time. It might be an enhancement, but it would have to be in the new reunion planner because enhancements aren't being added to the current reunion planner.
3. We do not charge the 4.9% unless going through our payment system. Paypal isn't our credit card processing system, so no fee.
4. Not sure what you mean. PayPal is a credit card payment system. If they choose "Credit Card" for their payment type, it will go through ClassCreator's system and be subject to the fee. If they choose PayPal, they won't be charged the 4.9% fee.

Skip -- I am not sure I understand your question. If you haven't figured it out yet, please rephrase the question. I think you just enter your PayPal account and the buttons appear magically, but I have never used PayPal.

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM - Response #28

Kyle,
Thank you very much!

Monday, June 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM - Response #29

Yes, Kyle! Thanks so much!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM - Response #30

Please add paypal option to our website? Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM - Response #31

Michele, ok I did it

Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM - Response #32

We would like the Paypal option to pay for reunion tickets in our Reunion planner. Can you help

Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM - Response #33

Dorsey,

OK, it is there, but you need to have tickets (items for sale) before you will see the Payment Types Accepted section.

Friday, May 9, 2014 at 7:49 AM - Response #34

Thanks!

Monday, December 1, 2014 at 9:48 PM - Response #35

I need some clarification on payment options please!

If a user pays via credit card on Class creator are they charged 4.9%?

If a users pays by pay pal there is no fee?

If a user chooses to pay via pay pal, will I need to enter payment information manually into Class creator?

trying to weigh the options. thank you

Monday, December 1, 2014 at 11:45 PM - Response #36

Terry,

If they pay with PayPal, ClassCreator doesn't charge a fee, but PayPal does charge a fee. It is different than the fee that ClassCreator charges (see PayPal for details). If they pay with PayPal, yes, you would need to enter that the payment was received manually into the system.

ClassCreator only charges a fee if you use the ClassCreator credit card system. Checks/Cash/PayPal will not incur the 4.9% fee from ClassCreator.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.