ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Local Advertising Sponsors page/links

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/02/12 06:54 PM Views: 1383 Replies: 8
Monday, January 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

To help fund our class for website upkeep, future events, reunions, etc, we are selling local advertising on our website - mostly classsmates who want to advertise thier businesses to other classmates.
I have created a page (link) for Advertising Sponsors in which I would like to load their business card graphic and be able to link to their website from that BC graphic.

Is there a way to do this?? I could not find anything when I searched the Help forum...
Thanks!

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM - Response #1

Yes there is an easy way to do this.
First go to the target webpage you want to link to and copy the URL from the address bar.
Second, highlight the words you want viewers to click on to go to the link.
Third, click the "Link" icon in the toolbar - it is a little fuzzy, but is third from the end of the second row of icons.
Fourth, right-click into the address bar that comes up, and click "Paste", then OK.

Remember to Save the page before trying it out.

Walla!

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM - Response #2

Visit my www.efhs1973.com class site. From the home page, click on the BUSINESS OWNERS link (it is not password protected) This might be a format you might want to incorporate

Irma Comer
Kernersville NC

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM - Response #3

Darla Delgado wrote:

To help fund our class for website upkeep, future events, reunions, etc, we are selling local advertising on our website - mostly classsmates who want to advertise thier businesses to other classmates.
I have created a page (link) for Advertising Sponsors in which I would like to load their business card graphic and be able to link to their website from that BC graphic.

Is there a way to do this?? I could not find anything when I searched the Help forum...
Thanks!

Hi Darla,

To link the business card:
Place the business cards on your page. (I imagine you have them scanned and in your File Vault already.) Then follow these few steps:

• Click on the business card (BC).
  • Go up in the editing tools, click on the link over the globe (it is above "YouTube").
  • A Link box will open. In the URL text box, paste the address of the business web site.
  • Click OK on the LINK box, which is the green button.
  • If you'd like to test your first link, save the page you are working on. Go to the page on your site and try it. It should take you right to the site.
  • Go back to edit the page to complete your page design -adding more business cards with links to the business web sites.

Before you know it, you'll be flying through this and it will be done.

If anyone finds I missed a step, please post and I will edit this to be accurate for those who find this in the future.

I like your idea, Darla. Will you have instructions to click on the business card for those who visit the page?

I have been considering doing this to raise funds for one of my sites. I may offer to add the classmate's yearbook photo next to his/her business card to make the connection. The idea came to me as I write this. Thanks!

Have a good week!

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much everyone! This has all been very helpful!

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM - Response #5

Thanks for those instructions Gwen. I will be trying it out this upcoming week and let you know how it went. Sounds pretty easy. I guess I will have "instructions" on clicking on the business card to link to the advertisers site...makes sense Smile

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM - Response #6

Thanks for letting me see that Irma. Its GREAT! That is a format I would love to use. Questions is HOW did you do all that?? Did you use the Gallery set up option??

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM - Response #7

Irma, that is a terrific setup you have for business owners in your class. I love the format and the fact that it is not password protected. Nice job, no, excellent job!

Edited 01/13/12 6:41 PM
Friday, February 17, 2012 at 4:31 AM - Response #8

Hello Irma, I really like the business owners page on your site. I saw that you have a Sibling "In Memory" page and was curious to know if you created it in a similar manner, as I have been trying to figure out "HOW" to create a Spouse In Memory page. Wanted to ask if you could let me see that page temporarily? I understand if you do not want to do that, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Marla

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.