ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Advertisements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/08/13 10:51 PM Views: 929 Replies: 9
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I just agreed to let a classmate advertise a house for lease on the website. Is this a good idea and can I set up a permanent page for this? If so anyone have a good idea?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM - Response #1

You could always make it in the form of an announcement, determine the number of days it will 'run,' set the end date, then you don't have to worry about having to take it down.
Some sites however, choose NOT to allow advertising. That is each sites decision however.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM - Response #2

Steve's idea is good to set a start and end date on the announcement. However, from my perspective, this could lead to other classmates wanting to sell a bicycle, a car or lots of other things. You would be opening up a large can of worms. That's why we choose not to do any advertising. I can understand why you would want to help someone by doing this so using Steve Stein's approach as announcement would be the way to do it.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM - Response #3

If you have a committee, take a vote.
Do you need donations for your site or reunion? Ask for a sponsorship.
Next idea... Cool

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM - Response #4

Thanks everyone. I think that is a good idea. Who knows, maybe no one else will want to use it.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM - Response #5

We have a Real Estate corner link on our site........and have for a couple of years or more. Frequent requests to post---and we have no problem in leaving the post up until the requestor informs us the property has sold - i.e, we don't put an 'end date'

Our RE corner, and our Biz Owners/product links are favorites among my members.

(password protected pages can be seen using system password of petunia)

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM - Response #6

There are two entries here in the Admin Forum on a related topic.
Simply search;

business card

their sites might give you some ideas as well as a couple of other admins to contact via private msg. to ask how they have done it.

Gwen, I have surveyed our reunion committee on several topic, and I get very little feedback! This makes me very uncomfortable! LOL

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM - Response #7

STEVE STEIN wrote:

I have surveyed our reunion committee on several topic, and I get very little feedback! This makes me very uncomfortable! LOL

I often view a lack of feedback as an opportunity. On the other hand I tend to more often ask forgiveness than for permission.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM - Response #8

Gwen Corey wrote:

If you have a committee, take a vote.
Do you need donations for your site or reunion? Ask for a sponsorship.
Next idea... Cool

donations for your site That how we got our site paid for.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM - Response #9

Irma,

I love your suggestions. I may get with you later to make sure I set this up correctly.
Esther

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.