Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/16/12 12:54 AM Views: 1698 Replies: 12
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Greetings,

A classmate forgot his password.

As such, he cannot change it.

As such, I need to reset it.

I am unable to so do via "Manage Classmates."

Going to "Details" for the classmate, I see his working email, but no place for a password.

I deleted his email, saved the changes, reentered his "Details" page, but still cannot see a place to enter, change, or reset a password.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Bob

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM - Response #1

why don't you just LOG OUT of the website, and click the FORGOT PASSWORD link on the home page and paste in the e-mail address of the classmate. His password will then be e-mailed to him.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM - Response #2

Hmmm. Well, when I deleted his email, saved the change, and reentered it, it reset the Profile.

When next the classmate goes to the site he will have to "Join" again.

So, are you saying there is no place for me, as Administrator, to change or reset his password?

I've done it before, but now I can't find when I had done it.
Has there been a change?

Thanks,
Bob

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM - Response #3

The classmate may not understand how to join the site and may have erroneously conveyed to you that their password wasn't working when they had not actually created one in the first place (this happens quite a bit, actually).

That would be why there is no password field for you to see on their details page in Manage Classmates.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM - Response #4

Ah! Now, that makes sense.

He said he had forgotten it, but in fact didn't create one to begin with.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM - Response #5

I don't know if this was suggested elsewhere, but I think it would make a lot of sense to provide us with a "Send password reset link" button in the MANAGE CLASSMATES / DETAILS view. Idea It's a bit of a pain to log out as admin in order to initiate this request on behalf of the classmate.

Is that a possibility?

Thanks!
Terry

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #6

The classmate already has the ability to go to the Log In screen and click the Forgot Password link. This should send a link to the email address on file for this member.

Ad an admin, you have the ability to go to Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Details for the member > and Click on the Change Password link. Of course, this allows you to change the password, but you have to then notify the classmate of what the new password is so they can log in and then update their password settings.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM - Response #7

Thanks Scott. I am aware of both of those options. Sometimes it is just easier to send a "reset password link" to the classmate than it is to explain via email how they can go to the log in screen and click the Forgot Password link. I feel my suggestion still has value.

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Response #8

I will forward the suggestion for consideration. Thanks Smile

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM - Response #9

Thank you! Very Happy

Friday, October 19, 2018 at 5:31 AM - Response #10

I noticed this is an old thread.

why don't you just LOG OUT of the website, and click the FORGOT PASSWORD link on the home page and paste in the e-mail address of the classmate. His password will then be e-mailed to him.

I don't see a forgot password link on my homepage (http://www.mckinleytech1979.com).

Is this option no longer available.

I usually change the classmates email for the admin function

Thanks

Friday, October 19, 2018 at 10:43 AM - Response #11

The "Forgot Password?" option does not appear on the home page. In order to see "Forgot Password?" you have to click on "Sign In." Then, you'll see it.

Edited 10/19/18 10:45 AM
Friday, October 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM - Response #12

The Reset Password option used to be on the home page - back when the Login button was there. Now we have a Sign In button on the home page which takes you to a Log In page - where you'll find that Reset Password option now.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.