ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Make Larger profile Possible

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/11 12:18 AM Views: 1293 Replies: 3
Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Most of the members of my site don't use all of characters available to them but I have one person that has more to say and I'd like to give him the room to say it. How do I increase the avialable space for a given profile?
Many THanks,
Nancy

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM - Response #1

Maybe add another question and name it as "whateverneedsmore continuation.." ?

That would appear for everyone, but shouldn't hurt anything either.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM - Response #2
reflections.png

Nancy,
Another option is to set up a special navigation bar title such as Bulletin Board and have a list of topics. We set one up called "Reflections" (attached) and several have found it suitable for expanding on things that don't necessarily fit in the profile spaces.
Like bulletin boards in the old days, it is also a convenient place to stash special notes paralleling plans for a reunion, e.g., golf outing, cookbook, missing person leads, etc.
Bob

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM - Response #3

John,

CC has a great video tutorial on how to set up User Forums (http://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm). That's actually what we did--renamed it as the Bulletin Board and established some generic topics. As the Admin, I retained approval for new topics, but have urged cookbook coordinator, for example, to enter a new recipe on a monthly basis.

Could be an age thing, but it seems our class is far more comfortable "reading" stuff that's posted than "interacting" in a forum setting. Nevertheless, the adaptation serves our needs. Hope this helps.

Bob

Edited 06/09/11 12:43 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.