ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Status Box: Definition Please

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/24/10 08:08 PM Views: 1210 Replies: 1
Friday, September 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM

When I click on the "What's New?" link above, the column on the far right side consists of one of three possibilities.

** NEW **
** UPDATED **
(blank)

Now my presumption, has left me wondering what is really going on since the article I posted several days ago has never shown up when I clicked on the What's New link. I originally presumed (notice I didn't say ASSume) ** NEW ** meant that it was a new message. Yet my article never fell in that category. ** UPDATED ** I presumed had to do with if the original author/creator posted a second message under the original thread. And if the box is --blank-- (empty) that just means no one has ever replied. Brad, Scott, Kyle, Jessica -- one of you shed some light on this for me, PLEASE!

These forums are a lot like GOOGLE-Search. Once a title falls below #10, it's as if it never existed and most admins find it easier to just ask a new question rather than doing a SEARCH!

(Hey, no flames guys/gals--I've been just as guilty of this as anyone else), however, I do have to say that there have been several times when Kyle is on-line--he has answered a question almost as soon as the requestor hits their Send button. This has often left me wondering if the two of them are on the telephone talking with one another LaughingRolling Eyes in order for that to happen so fastQuestion

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM - Response #1

Each individual Admin here has their own NEW and UPDATED listings. The system knows what you've read in the past. So if something is new to you, then it's flagged NEW. If a topic has a new response and you haven't read it before, then it's flagged UPDATED. Simple as that. Your post never showed NEW for you because it was your post. I.E. it wouldn't be new -- you had already read it since you posted it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.