ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"Restricted to Classmates only" filter/flag

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/04/09 10:03 AM Views: 1335 Replies: 1
Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Here is a suggestion. The "Restricted to Classmates only" displays in the legend/key section of Classmate Profiles when you are not logged into a website. It's icon is a padlock. Since people who see this might want to click on a classmate and view their information if it is unlocked, here are a couple of suggestions.

1. Make this "Restricted to Classmates only" a link that will filter the classmate list not by those that are restricted, but by those "CLASSMATES THAT ARE NOT RESTRICTED" so they can be clicked. Filtering on those classmates that are restricted doesn't make sense, but filtering on classmates that ARE NOT RESTRICTED also makes sense to an admin because he could click and see which profiles are not protected (when the admin is not logged into the website). Maybe change the link name to "Restricted to Classmates only (show unrestricted)" and make the "Show Unrestricted" be the link.

2. Make the PADLOCK icon appear on other SORT BY features and not just [A-Z], but still keep it only displaying when not logged in. For example: [Last Updated] [Newest Members] [Latest Profile Comments] - even though these display a date, they could also display the PADLOCK icon so that non-classmates can know which profiles can be clicked on.

Edited 07/04/09 11:26 AM
Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 12:03 PM - Response #1

Thanks Kyle.

I'll keep this short because the barbecue is waiting for me, but I'm not totally sold on #1 because people can see who's not restricted without filtering at all. To me this ads more "interface stuff" when there's something to be said for KISS -- keep it simple.

#2 I'm with you on, thanks Kyle, will add to Task List. And now the grill is calling my name.

Edited 07/04/09 12:04 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.