ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Added Info On Download

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/24/10 04:04 PM Views: 1539 Replies: 6
Friday, September 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM

It would be helpful if there were two additional pieces of info included on the download. There should be a column for a Deceased indicator and one for a Missing Person indicator.

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM - Response #1

Missing would be confusing because what constitutes a Missing Classmate is automated, i.e. it's not something Admins define name by name. In case you haven't seen this already do tihs:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page
3) Set your Missing Classmate criteria as you see fit

There is no need for a separate column for deceased. Just put a * next to the last name of any Classmate and that Classmate will automatically import directly to the In Memory area and will already be listed as Deceased on your Classmate Profiles page.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM - Response #2

On the DOWNLOAD OF CLASS LIST, the very first column, MEMBER_TYPE, has at least 3 answers.
1. Classmates
2. Deceased Classmates
3. Guest Members

This is also the first sort of the file you receive so the Deceased and Guests are at the bottom.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM - Response #3

That resolves my issue. I neglected to observe the sort on the first column and that guests and deceased classmates were identified. Much thanks.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 2:04 PM - Response #4

Brad's answer was talking about UPLOADING the class list or IMPORTING your class list.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM - Response #5

Understood on Brad's upload answer. My issue was in downloading info for the purpose of replacing a second database that we have continued to maintain. Charlie Taylor's response resolved my issue, thank you Charlie, as I can now slice and dice by simply sorting specific columns and then cut and past into separate worksheets. Having two variables was the issue - deceased classmates and missing classmates. I had overlooked the fact that classmates, deceased classmates and guests were identified in the first column of the download. After sorting, cutting & pasting, the residual is what I have determined to be those missing. End of problem. Much thanks, these forums work.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM - Response #6

You are welcome. I personally would not depend on "what is left over" after cutting and pasting. Brad's answer pointed you to EDIT SITE PAGES and then to edit the MISSING PERSONS PAGE. in there, there are 4 criteria that can be set to tell the system how a missing person is to be determined for your specific site. I would emulate that criteria in an excel formula to specifically determine the list of missings. Depending on cut/copy and paste is dangersous because there is a greater risk of loosing and/or duplicating data.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.