ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Main Page Rendering in Firefox

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/26/09 06:46 PM Views: 1171 Replies: 3
Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Our Homepage will not render correctly in Firefox, to wit; I use a two column layout and in the left column I have announcements and birthdays. In Firefox those two items appear way at the bottom of the page and spread across both columns. Also, the right side of the Home Page has an area that is wide enough for a third column but is just the school color blue. If I use IE TAB in Firefox to use the IE engine the page renders so that columns are correctly place except the columns ares very narrow with a huge blue area on the right. The page renders entirely correctly when opened in IE directly. Any ideas on how to get the page to render correctly in Firefox. The solution is not to use IE. Ha.

www.limestone60.com

Thanks,

Lee Gilmore

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM - Response #1

Correction. When opened in IE the columns are rendered correctly but the third area of blue is on the right like is Firefox. I.E., the whole page area is not filled with data.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:54 PM - Response #2

Update. Just noticed that the Edit Pages, Edit Home page also does not display correctly in Firefox. Can't see all items to right of the page. This all must be a problem with the way the ssite is coded (not coded for Firefox?). Ohter pages may have the same problem.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM - Response #3

Ok, good and bad news here. The good news is, your site is just fine in Firefox, and everybody is seeing it correctly. The bad news is, something is wrong with your own local configuration, and thus you're not seeing the site correctly. Here's 4 things I want you to take a look at:

1) Have you increased your default text size in Firefox? If you enlarge fonts so they display larger than intended, it will often cause page formatting issues.

2) Have you turned on a magnified view? Sometimes a magnified view can cause page formatting issues.

3) Have you changed the settings on your own monitor, or adjusted the dpi specs of your monitor? That caused an issue for another user just earlier today. Take a look at this thread and see what he went through to find and fix the problem, it may be of value to you.

4) Finally, let's make sure you're using the latest and greatest version of Firefox, and not something old. Please go to firefox.com and update to the latest browser. I really doubt this is the issue, but i'm just crossing ever t and dotting every i.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.