ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Save the date/Invitation Etiquette

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/25/12 10:05 PM Views: 1445 Replies: 5
Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Need some input here. There are a few classmates, in which the ONLY information we have is their work place address. Would it be acceptable to send a notice to their place of employment about the reunion? One person, works in the medical field and the other is a judge! Any suggestions? Thank you!

Friday, May 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM - Response #1

I would send to work address and write a personal note asking for home address.

Friday, May 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM - Response #2

It would be nice (if there is an e-mail address) to e-mail and ask their preference. You may want to hand address these couple rather than try and place the address provided in their profile and have the system generate the address label (the omission may well be intentional due to the nature of their work). You may also want to assure them that no address information will appear anywhere except (e.g., no handout materials, list of names and addresses) for the hand addressed invitation - should be their choice in my opinion.

Sure that others will provide their thoughts. Good luck.....

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM - Response #3

I agree with Sam. I would send an email - pleasant but short - asking for their preferred address to receive information about your upcoming reunion.

I prefer handwritten notes. You know one is a judge... finding that person's postal address should be easy. Smile

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #4

Assumption is you don't have email. If you have work email it must be because they gave it to you in which case they must not mind. In reviewing what we did for our 50th we sent emails to save money and only sent snail mail to ask for email. Smile

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM - Response #5

Hi Meg,
What I would do since you have no other address, e-mail or otherwise, is write the invitation put it in a sealed envelope with address and return address. Then put the entire invitation in another envelope that doesn't look like a personal letter, and mail it off to both people's work with a note saying you did it that way to be considerette of that person's work atmospere. Hand write the note; don't type it. That is actually the corret way to handle it. Smile
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.