ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Firefox changes format on homepage

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/18/10 10:45 PM Views: 1232 Replies: 1
Monday, January 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Recently I tried out a new look on our homepage, that I had seen on another page here. I added all my homepage content to the announcement box, thus making a nice colored background for the majority of the page. I thought it was looking pretty good; working well on the two browsers I had installed, IE and Google Chrome.

Tonight I got a report from a Firefox user that she is getting all white in the area where the "announcement" shows on IE and Chrome...she had to page way down to the bottom of the content on the right side of the page (who is logged on etc.) to get to my homepage content.

I finally downloaded Firefox, so I could see what is happening. Yup! I see it...but I have no idea how to fix it.

Am I going to have to go back to the old white background to be certain that our Firefox friends are greeted with the "Welcome Bearcats" up at the top of the homepage where is should be?

Monday, January 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM - Response #1

Your "The Central Key" graphic was too wide. I fixed it for you. To learn more about this problem and how to fix it yourself next time:

1) See this thread about what Firefox does when images are inserted where they don't fit.

2) Next see this thread about maximum image sizes. This thread will explain specifically how to ensure this problem doesn't happen again.

Edited 01/18/10 10:53 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.