ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile update notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/15 12:21 PM Views: 858 Replies: 8
Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I'm wondering if when a classmate updates his/her profile, or posts comments say on the In Memory section, are all classmates who have joined the site notified or only the administrators?

Thanks, Linda Lokken

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

The would be notified if they are subscribed to that person. It also depends on their Notify Me settings (Immediate Once Daily or Never).

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM - Response #2

I guess I don't understand, sorry. So each classmate has to select who they want to subscribe to? I'm an administrator and receive all notifications of updates, etc.but dont kniw how to direct someone who is not how to change their settings. This particular classmate says she sees others updates but not her own ... my thoughts were that you dont see ir receive notificatio on your own updates, postings?? Sorry I'm so stupid about this

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:39 PM - Response #3

Wow .. excuse all the typos!!

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:43 PM - Response #4

After a classmate logs on to your website, they will see Notify Me under the Member Functions on the left side of the Home Page. There they can choose what they want to be notified about and how often..

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM - Response #5

Ahhha.... got it, thank you!

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM - Response #6

Ahhha.... got it, thank you!

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 1:56 PM - Response #7

Classmates will not receive notifications when they update THEIR OWN profile. What would be the purpose of that?

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 2:50 PM - Response #8

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Classmates will not receive notifications when they update THEIR OWN profile. What would be the purpose of that?

It does sound like overkill, and yet... members have the option to subscribe to themselves (or not). And as we discussed a while back, there was supposed to be a change made so that people (at least admins) would get notified even when they made a change - as a confirmation that the notify was generated.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.