ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Classmate Notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/22/13 10:49 AM Views: 1029 Replies: 8
Monday, July 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Recently the site stopped forwarding New Classmate Notifications to my email. Nothing has changed on my end, email is the same for the site, etc. Can you help?

site is: nhs67-68.com

I received this email from the co-admin I had assigned to the site:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Susan Taylor Dolan 67
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:07 PM
Subject: Fw: Need to be Verified to use Site (NHS67-68.com)

Sue - there are a few 5 people who are waiting for verification on the website.

Appreciate your help.

Susanne

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM - Response #1

Please be sure that non of the messages have landed in your Spam / Junk folders. Be sure that noreply@classcreator.net is in your list of contacts. Finally, add an alternate email address to the system so that we can see if the messages are possibly being delivered to the alternate location and just not to your primary account.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #2

Hi, thank you for the suggestions however I have had this site for over five years and this has never happened in the past. Messages are not coming into my spam/junk folders, they are just not being sent. The email address is in my list of contacts, I receive emails consistently from the Class Creator site. I can add an alternate email address but I don't really check those on a regular basis.

Could anything else have changed that would have stopped the notices from coming? Have you had any site changes recently?

Appreciate the help.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM - Response #3

I do not know why you are not receiving the New Member notification. I just did a test on my test site and I did receive a notification as soon as my "test member" joined. Please add an alternate email address to the system so that we can see if the messages are possibly being delivered to the alternate location and just not to your primary account.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM - Response #4

Scott,

I have an alternate address on mchs1970.com. This weekend, I received the newsletter I emailed to classmates at both addresses. I do not recall receiving them at the alternate address in the past. Just wondering...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM - Response #5

All notifications and emails are sent to both the primary and alternative address if an alt address is in the system. Sometimes this serves as a good tool for a person to prove that they are able to receive an email at the alt address but not their primary address and then they can show their email service provider the email that they did receive to inquire why it is not making it through at the primary account as well.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM - Response #6

Well thanks for the info, Scott. I'm sure it will be helpful to those who stop by this thread.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM - Response #7

I have received a few emails, about not getting passwords - but one just today - they lost their password, and requested it, but didn't receive it. I don't know if they tried to log in with their primary or alternate email as they have both. But she wrote me on her alternate email. So Question: If she tried to log in with her alternate email, and requested a lost password, would it go to both primary and alternate? Or would it not recognize trying to log in with the alternate

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM - Response #8

ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESSES are never recognized for anything except receiving e-mails from the system. You cannot log in with them. You cannot request a lost password recovery with them.

You should reply back to the classmate and tell her to use her PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS an then tell her what it is.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.