ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbook Pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/31/11 11:17 AM Views: 1429 Replies: 12
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Hello. There are several classmates who do not have a picture in our yearbook. Could a button or some other method be added to make their name and image not be seen when a user clicks on the Yeabook Photo box please?" (It would look better to just show pictures and names of classmates who have a picture when someone checks on this box.)

Edited 08/31/11 11:19 AM
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM - Response #1

Can't you go to the previous year's yearbook, or if you have to, go to a Junior High picture?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM - Response #2

We did that, used pics from earlier years, when the person did not actually graduate with us, but was a classmate in earlier high school years. We included them even if they moved or dropped out prior to graduation. It helped everyone to "refresh" their memory and worked for us, and we all enjoyed those who attended our 50 year reunion.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM - Response #3

Gary Hodge wrote:

Could a button or some other method be added to make their name and image not be seen when a user clicks on the Yeabook Photo box please?"

If there is no picture available using the various other suggestions, you can create your own "button" (or any image desired) and use that for their picture.

Would that work?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM - Response #4

We took the School Logo and added text for '69 Classmates who were camera shy.

On another note, this is the first time I have inserted a image/photo. How do you size it down?

Kudos,
...CAV...

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Can't you go to the previous year's yearbook, or if you have to, go to a Junior High picture?

Unfortunately no. Plus our two junior high schools did not publish a yearbook. The CC developer staff seems to be working on everything else. Surely it couldn't be to difficult to can't whip up something for this omittion posiblility. (Even if they have to "add it to the wish list.)
Also. They are supposed to be Senior pictures, not Freshman, Sophomore or Junior yearbook pictures.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Unfortunately no. Plus our two junior high schools did not publish a yearbook. The CC developer staff seems to be working on everything else. Surely it couldn't be to difficult to can't whip up something for this omittion posiblility. (Even if they have to "add it to the wish list".)
Also. They are supposed to be Senior pictures, not Freshman, Sophomore or Junior yearbook pictures.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:17 AM - Response #7

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Gary Hodge wrote:
Could a button or some other method be added to make their name and image not be seen when a user clicks on the Yeabook Photo box please?"

If there is no picture available using the various other suggestions, you can create your own "button" (or any image desired) and use that for their picture.

Would that work?

If you can supply me with the proper and complete coding for such a button, that would be a marvelous solution.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:27 AM - Response #8

. . . CAV . . . wrote:

We took the School Logo and added text for '69 Classmates who were camera shy.

On another note, this is the first time I have inserted a image/photo. How do you size it down?

Kudos,
...CAV...

As for the size of the picture, Class Creator directions state the image will be resized to automatically fit the space requirements of the senior picture that will appear in the appropriate small window that appears in the upper right hand corner of the classmates profile. The text in the picture you suggest may not apppear readable when reduced down. In the mean time, I have my own image I use for people who don't have a picture:

And as far as having the classmate upload such a picture to appear in the upper right hand corner that would also appear in the multiple picture section, the class creator instructions state that only an administrator can do that. The only way the person would be able to have their picture appear where I mean is to send it to me. Nobody has so far. This is my responsibility and I am taking care of it myself.

Edited 09/01/11 12:47 AM
Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:35 PM - Response #9

I'm stepping in late on this one but a couple of comments:

1) To ensure consistency in yearbook photos we made it an admin only feature. If every Classmate had control over these you'd get all kinds of strange displays when clicking the "show yearbook photos" checkbox.

2) While on the Classmate Profiles page if you clicked the "show yearbook photos" checkbox and the actual names of the Classmates without photos disappeared entirely I think this would be a usability problem for numerous sites. It's important the names still be there so the full class is represented and people can still click to enter Profiles of those who are active members but simply don't have yearbook photos.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

I'm stepping in late on this one but a couple of comments:

1) To ensure consistency in yearbook photos we made it an admin only feature. If every Classmate had control over these you'd get all kinds of strange displays when clicking the "show yearbook photos" checkbox.

2) While on the Classmate Profiles page if you clicked the "show yearbook photos" checkbox and the actual names of the Classmates without photos disappeared entirely I think this would be a usability problem for numerous sites. It's important the names still be there so the full class is represented and people can still click to enter Profiles of those who are active members but simply don't have yearbook photos.

Thanks you, Brad. I really appreciate you actually, personally, responding you my post.

I knew about number one.

As for number two, here is a new suggestion -
There could have a first section for those with pictures followed by another indicating and listing those without a picture. This way, it would be in compliance with your answer : "It's important the names still be there so the full class is represented and people can still click to enter Profiles of those who are active members but simply don't have yearbook photos."

Edited 09/02/11 12:13 AM
Friday, September 2, 2011 at 8:43 AM - Response #11

Gary,

When the new system releases (codenamed ClassCreator 3.0), it is planned that you can create a custom filter for this. The SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTOS will still show all classmates, but you can create a custom filter (the top-legend/key filtering box) to show only those classmates that have a yearbook photo. So it would be a two-step process, click the filter first then the Show Yearbook Photos (or the other way around would work too).

However if you did the two-step process, then copied the URL from your browser, you could create a link on your home page for you or classmates to click on that would automatically show yearbook photos of only those classmates who have yearbook photos.

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM - Response #12

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Gary,

When the new system releases (codenamed ClassCreator 3.0), it is planned that you can create a custom filter for this. The SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTOS will still show all classmates, but you can create a custom filter (the top-legend/key filtering box) to show only those classmates that have a yearbook photo. So it would be a two-step process, click the filter first then the Show Yearbook Photos (or the other way around would work too).

However if you did the two-step process, then copied the URL from your browser, you could create a link on your home page for you or classmates to click on that would automatically show yearbook photos of only those classmates who have yearbook photos.

Great. Thanks alot. When it is released, I will do it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.