ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

from single site to multi class site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/22/09 05:19 PM Views: 1230 Replies: 3
Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I am about to change my site to a multi class site,
how do I get the people who already joined in their proper class year or do they have to register all over again.
I know you cant go back once you do this so any tips would be helpful.
thanks

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 7:58 PM - Response #1

When you convert, a new "Year" field will appear in every Classmate's Profile. You, any other Admins, or the Classmates themselves can set the year. Some Admins choose to tackle this themselves, while we've seen others send out a mass class email asking Classmates to return to the site and select their graduating year from the new Year dropdown. Nobody will need to rejoin or anything like that. Other than setting the Year for each Classmate nothing else needs to be done.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad, just wanted to make sure before I started.
This is a great site.....didn't expect an answer till Monday, dont you get weekends off?Very Happy

Thanks
Doug

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM - Response #3

No, as a matter of fact I don't. Smile It's funny how often I get asked that though. Odd as it may sound, Class Creator is more of a lifestyle than a job. Class Creator happens 24 hour a day. It's not uncommon for me to be helping somebody in these forums from anywhere. In fact I'm at a pizza place in Toledo, Ohio right now called Ginos just waiting on a pizza. Smile I have a UMID mbook M1 that slips in a pant pocket so it's very easy to go anywhere and jump on here. One day I helped a woman fix her Youtube video from the ruins at Chitzenicha, Mexico. It really is a small world after all.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.