ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Our Memory Video

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/16/10 10:27 PM Views: 1332 Replies: 2
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Hi Brad,
I have a question about our memory video. When I was at work and went in, the video was in a smaller box and I could play it right away. At home I had to download "Windows Media Player". That's no big deal. However, there are so many that just can't seem to follow directions. Even when we download the video and go back in to look again, people are getting confused as to why they have to go into the box, find the download video, see their file,click on it again to rewatch it. Seems like an awfully lot of steps to take. Would you go into my site, and let me know what you see? Is there a simpler way?

Thanks

Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 12:31 AM - Response #1

There is no simpler way, no. If you embed a Windows Media video on the page, then the user has to have the right version of the Windows Media Player to play it. That's just how plugins work. Once they install the Windows Media Player they won't have to do it again, all Windows Media videos from that point forward will automatically work. For those who don't have the right player though, there's nothing you can do to make the installation process any easier.

The only realistic thing you can do to better the experience vs. what you have now is post the video in the Flash format instead of the Windows Media format. Flash is more universally compatible with users not to mention the vast majority of people already have Flash and won't have to install anything.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 2:27 AM - Response #2

Thank you Brad. You're the best. This is why I love Class Creators. You are prompt with your response to us. That means everything to people like myself who are just not technically inclined

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.