ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading Power Point Slide Show

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/11/09 09:11 AM Views: 4474 Replies: 16
Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Is there a way for me to upload a power point slide show to the site?

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM - Response #1

Yes. Here is how to do it.

In the announcement or Home Page content area, click on Insert/Edit Link (not the IMAGE link). Click on File Vault. Then click BROWSE, find the PowerPoint file you want to upload. Click UPLOAD. This will save the file from your hard drive to the ClassCreator Server.

While still in the File Vault, to insert a link to that PowerPoint file, click on the filename that was uploaded. This will reveal a button labeled INSERT. Click that button and the link will be inserted.

I think that Classmates will need PowerPoint installed on their machine in order to view the document.

Edited 10/11/09 9:29 AM
Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #2

If you want to get around the viewer having to have Powerpoint installed on their own computer, Google "export powerpoint to flash" -- there are many solutions out there for converting Powerpoint slide shows to flash, and then uploading the flash presentation to your web site. Virtually 100% of the viewers will be able to see a Flash presentation without any special plugins or software.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM - Response #3

Brad or team...
I'm confused. I downloaded iSpring Free to convert a powerpoint presentation to Flash. I can get my slide show to a .swf file format but get lost on what to do next. Can anyone help a bit?
Thanks
Curly Harman

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 1:42 PM - Response #4

Brad, I've done this before successfully, but it's been so long, I can't remember where I went from this point: converted a pp file to swf using Zamzar. They sent the conversion to my email & I downloaded it. But to what? It gives me no "Save" command, so when I Browse to find the file so I can insert it onto a page, it's nowhere that I know of, except on my screen. It doesn't give me a command so I can save it into a file.

Perhaps I should ask the Zamzar folks, but I'm not sure they're as quick to respond as you are. Thought I'd try you first. Got any ideas how I get this inserted?

Edited 10/21/10 1:44 PM
Friday, October 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM - Response #5

Curly Harman wrote:

Brad or team...
I'm confused. I downloaded iSpring Free to convert a powerpoint presentation to Flash. I can get my slide show to a .swf file format but get lost on what to do next. Can anyone help a bit?
Thanks
Curly Harman

1) Go into edit mode for any page
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the File Vault button
4) Go ahead and upload your .swf file to your File Vault

Let me know when it's there and I'll give you the next steps.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM - Response #6

Dale Clark wrote:

Brad, I've done this before successfully, but it's been so long, I can't remember where I went from this point: converted a pp file to swf using Zamzar. They sent the conversion to my email & I downloaded it. But to what? It gives me no "Save" command, so when I Browse to find the file so I can insert it onto a page, it's nowhere that I know of, except on my screen. It doesn't give me a command so I can save it into a file.

Perhaps I should ask the Zamzar folks, but I'm not sure they're as quick to respond as you are. Thought I'd try you first. Got any ideas how I get this inserted?

I'm assuming they attached the swf to your email. If so you should be able to save it to your local computer and then upload it to File Vault. Your email program may be blocking file attachments from being saved. I'd start there. Check your email Preferences and change any settings that restricts downloading file attachments to your computer. Obviously you've got to get the file saved before we can do anything else so let's start there.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM - Response #7

Done. And I've uploaded the swf file to the File Vault. Now what? (I tried going further, but yuck.)Confused

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 7:33 PM - Response #8

What page do you want it on and where on the page? I'm going to go in and do it and then explain here the exact steps that are necessary.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 8:16 PM - Response #9

Wow, that's first class service! On the Nostalgia page right under the scarecrow & falling leaves picture. You should watch it (yeah, like you have the time). It's got a great "plot twist" at the end. Not what you'd expect. Thx!

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 8:26 PM - Response #10

Ok it's there. I recommend you put text under it something like "Click above to advance pictures". Or better yet, put that text right on your opening screen and convert it to swf again. Currently I doubt many people would realize this is clickable at all.

I'm going to paste the code below that I used to embed the file. If you need to do this again in the future just copy the code below, and simply change the file name to the name of the new file you want to embed in the future. It's pretty much as simple as that. Note that the file name needs to be included in more than one location.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shock....cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="480" id="http://www.marshallmavs65.com/000/4/5/4/...OldCityFrom1950s.swf" ALIGN="center">
http://www.marshallmavs65.com/000/4/5/4/...OldCityFrom1950s.swf"> http://www.marshallmavs65.com/000/4/5/4/...OldCityFrom1950s.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="480" NAME="Yourfilename" ALIGN="center" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Edited 10/22/10 8:28 PM
Friday, October 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM - Response #11

It's Friday, I made the time. Smile Holey smokes that totally got me. Never for a second did I doubt....well, I'm not gunna say what I doubted in case anybody else clicks on it too. That's really amazing though. Very cool!

Edited 10/22/10 8:41 PM
Friday, October 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM - Response #12

Yea! I'm glad you liked it.
I didn't know I COULD put text on the opening screen, but I'll figure it out. Love a challenge. Thanks so much for the help. My members will really enjoy that slide show, huh?

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM - Response #13

That is VERY COOL! (Visit Dale's "Nostalgia" page and click on the Betty Boop pciture to view the slide show.)

You'll have to move all the way through it to see the amazing thing about it. Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM - Response #14

While you're at it, visit my Hallowe'en page, too. I stole a lot of stuff from Dawn & others, but it's there for anyone who sees something they want.

There are also other unprotected pages open to admins, like the Aging Gracefully and Fractured Fax. I'm happy to share whatever I've stolen from others. Enjoy! Very Happy

Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM - Response #15

I am also having trouble downloading a ppt file. I downloaded ISpringFree but even though it tells me that there are more than 200 slides, I was able to save it. It did not save it as a swf file though and I can't get it to attach. Not sure what to do next! The ppt presentation is about 294 slides. Also, if I need to create more storage is there a fast way to clear what is in my file vault other than having to delete each thing individually?

Edited 06/10/12 1:32 PM
Monday, June 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM - Response #16

If you're having trouble with the software you downloaded, you may want to try visiting http://scribd.com. You should be able to upload your ppt there and then copy the embed code from that site to place into your class site.

There is no way to clear out your file vault other than deleting individual files from it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.