ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

error message

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/04/15 03:17 PM Views: 1314 Replies: 6
Monday, May 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM

[i]Temporarily Unavailable

We are offline for a brief maintenance update. We will be back shortly.

[b]This is the message I've been getting when I click on your email link. [/i][/b]

This is a message that I received from a classmate yesterday. I'm not sure where she was clicking when she said "on your email link". I think she was possibly clicking on the "contact us" link.

Do you need more information?

Glenn Ellen

Edited 05/04/15 3:20 PM
Monday, May 4, 2015 at 3:51 PM - Response #1

This happens when the classmate's browser caches the "Brief maintenance update" message for the page they are trying to display. What they need to do is to RELOAD or REFRESH the page when they get this message and then the correct content will display.

Monday, May 4, 2015 at 11:50 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Kyle. I kinda thought that might be the problem, but wanted it confirmed before I told her.

It's good to see you and Scott are still helping us look great! How many years have you been with CC... close to or a little over 10???

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

I started out as a regular admin of my HS Website on August 26, 2008.
After a while of answering questions on the Help Forums, Brad noticed me and offered me a part-time job in August 2009.
I am still working part-time. I have never met Brad or anyone else who works for ClassCreator.
So according to my calculations, I have been with ClassCreator about 5.75 years.

ClassCreator hadn't only been around a few months when I first found it (only about two months according to my calculations).
If you look at this page (List of members, sorted by Member Since column), I come on page 5
http://forums.classcreator.com/members.cfm?sortKey=datecreated&sortOrder=asc
and the first member started on June 23, 2008

Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM - Response #4

Thank you for that information. I know that you were on board when we started our site and I have and will always appreciate your help.

While we are talking, do we no longer have the use of the Reunion Planner? We aren't going to have multiple events for our upcoming reunion and we only want to receive checks in the mail, so the Event Planner doesn't seem a good fit for us.

What are your thoughts and how should we proceed?

Friday, May 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM - Response #5

Since the Reunion Planner is being discontinued, I would suggest using the Event Planner. For your upcoming reunion, you will be having at least one event (the reunion), so the Event Planner should work just fine. The Event Planner is integrated with the Product Manager. You would use the Product Manager to add your tickets that will need to be purchased (you can say that the tickets are pay-by-check, so you can receive them in the mail), and that the tickets can be used in the Event Planner. Then when you plan the reunion event, use the tickets you created in the Product Manager.

There are HELP VIDEOS on the new Event Planner, Product Manager, and Donations Manager top-right corner of the screens.

Friday, May 8, 2015 at 2:47 PM - Response #6

Thank you very much!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.