ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Results

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/22/09 02:03 PM Views: 1487 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi,
First off, I have to say I am having fun building my class' site. This site you guys run makes it so easy!
My question is about the survey I created....where will I find the results, when someone completes the survey? Will it be obvious and I should just be patient? Sorry, just excited about learing how to do the survey in the first place.
Thank you....for all you guys do
Teresa

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM - Response #1

For your stats you want to click right on the same Surey Maker link you clicked on to make the survey. You'll note you have three colums there, Edit, Stats, and Delete. The graphical icons in each of those columns is clickable. So you just want to click the icon under your Stats column to enter your Survey Results area. Everything is right there running for you in real time, so the moment somebody submits the survey, your results are updated and tallied.

Looks like you're off to a good start on your site by the way, nice job.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM - Response #2

Thank you

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM - Response #3

Is there a way to export the survey results as a XLS, RTF, DOC, or PDF file by chance?

We're wanting to put the results into booklet format and exporting would be a huge time-saver.

Thanks for any tips or references on how to do this if possible.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM - Response #4

Derrick Bruton wrote:

Is there a way to export the survey results as a XLS, RTF, DOC, or PDF file by chance?

We're wanting to put the results into booklet format and exporting would be a huge time-saver.

Thanks for any tips or references on how to do this if possible.

If you are just looking for a screen-print to PDF, you could install a PDF Print driver (assuming Windows machine). One you could use is "www.cutepdf.com". Just install it and select it as your printer driver and then print the document. When you print, it will ask for a file name to save it to.

I am not sure if this is what you want or if this helps you.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:20 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle for your response, but unfortunately, I'm looking for something more.

I want to be able to download the results so that we can format them into a booklet (by classmate).

If the survey results were formatted by classmate instead of by question, a PDF would work just fine. I can convert from a PDF to Word document using Adobe.

An XLS, DOC, or RTF would be preferable. It looks like it would take a great deal of formatting, but at least it would be in a directly editable format.

This is a "must have" feature that I would recommend be added.

Edited 09/15/09 10:22 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM - Response #6

I know that there is supposed to be a more customizable EXPORT THE CLASSLIST in the works (on the Task List), with different fields that can be added to the Export file. I don't know if work has started on this feature or not.

I don't know if this will also mean that the Survey Results can be exported at the same time. Maybe the Reunion Survey results can always be exported.

Brad - how about a check-box on each survey "Export Results with ClassList", then when the Export the class is done, it can check the surveys and if the survey is supposed to be exported, new columns in the spreadsheet are defined with the question or just the survey name and the question number for the column header.

Just brainstorming - maybe the ClassCreator office staff have already discussed ideas for this.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 12:25 AM - Response #7

Hang tight, we're working on some very cool new things currently. It will start with some new reunion reporting and exporting tools, which are essentially done now and just waiting some final tweaks here. That should be live any day, and then we're going to be working on some custom export abilities with Profiles and other things. Untimtately we're going to allow some of these things to be linked directly to mixbook.com. That'll take awhile longer though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.