ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading Additional Class Lists

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/10/15 04:52 PM Views: 738 Replies: 4
Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Brad,
Having tbl uploading my Class of 61 list of classmates. I have created an excel file in the correct format and have added ".csv" extension as required. It appears to upload the file, but not the data in the file. Helo!?
Thanks

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

You don't just "add a .csv extension", you must save as or export to the CSV format.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM - Response #2

Ive done that Kyle...three options were available when saving the file to .csv. Tried all three and got same result. Appeared to upload file but contents were not uploaded. Showed "0" entered.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM - Response #3

OK, Here are some things to check in your file.

Make sure you are using the MULTI-YEAR template (it is different than the SINGLE YEAR template).
Make sure you have the exact same columns that the template has AND that the columns are in the exact same order and are spelled exactly the same.
Make sure you have the headings as the first row of the spreadsheet. I think it also requires a blank line between the heading and your data.
Make sure you don't have any commas in your data, for example, if someone has a comma in their name "Smith, Jr.", remove the comma. If they have a comma in their address "North, APT #2", remove the comma.

After doing the above checks and making any corrections, save it to CSV and try again.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle...I see a couple of things I did not do in data base.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.