ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Committee Only Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/04/09 04:21 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 6
Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM

This may have been covered before, but is there any way to limit access to a specific page or pages on the site to certain people? I would like to be able to post meeting minutes and other info related to planning, where only the committee members can access them. Also, not all of the committee members are site admins, so granting access to admins only wouldn't work (at least not until I can limit what access admins have).

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM - Response #1

One idea is to use one of your custom pages, maybe for this example, it is class_custom7.cfm. You put all the information you want on this page, and don't activate the page, but do password protect the page. If you don't activate the page, it won't appear on the left-hand menu items, so most classmates would not know about it.

After you create the page, pass the link to the page to all of the reunion committee where they can see the contents.

A custom page can still be viewed if it is not active. The Active flag is only used if the page should appear on the menu.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 5:45 PM - Response #2

When the threaded forums launch, you can also password protect one specific forum and use it for this purpose. In the new forums you can post documents, etc. that others can download.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM - Response #3

Hi Jessica... Any updates on when Threaded Forums will launch?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM - Response #4

Hopefully sometime late this month or early March. Shouldn't be too long.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM - Response #5

YEAH! Will "BETA Forums" 'automatically' change to "Message Forums"? I've 'hidden' message forums to try to get our geriatric crowd to use the new one!!! I'd set up half a dozen or so forums and a couple of days later realized that all but 3 had disappeared... then I read that the 'grandmother/father' "kids" would be limited to 3. Totally comprehend! You and your team also have to feed your families!!!

What's latest on the new FCK editor?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:27 PM - Response #6

Yes it will read Message Forums. Eventually all default links will also be renamable.

New FCK is on the horizon. I think in the past 6 months the Task List has doubled in size. It's because all of you keep contributing such good ideas. We're going to restructure a little bit shortly to allow for more rapid development this year. Maybe just maybe we can stop the Task List from getting even larger. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.