ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Notifications - Sept 1, 2019

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/19 09:13 AM Views: 492 Replies: 8
Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 9:13 AM

Under “Notify Me” there is nothing listed for September 1, 2019. The last Notify Me listing is dated August 31, 2019, Certain CC office is closed til Tuesday. Meanwhile, we have several classmates who live in the path of Hurricane Dorian. There’s no way to learn who is safe. Will attempt to email the class.
Assume with zero Notifications, this is another CC server problem. If a CC programmer is reading this, please push through email Notifications. If other Admin are receiving Notifications for September 1, please post here. Thank you.

Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM - Response #1

Yes, it looks like mail is down again. I created a new page yesterday afternoon, and the stats show that those who selected Immediate were notified yesterday. But it looks like the large group who selected Once Daily didn't get theirs yet since there is no count for today.

Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM - Response #2

Thanks for replying, John Ralph. Today (Sept 1, 2019), I emailed the class. Within 20 minutes, 18 classmates read the Notification I sent. If CC server is working, I’d like to know why today’s Notify Me is not posted.

Edited 09/01/19 12:40 PM
Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM - Response #3

Even though it doesn't show up in the statistics on my site I've been getting the NF notifications.

Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM - Response #4

Hmmm... I checked my test member's ATT email and found that the Once Daily's appear to have gone out today at the normal time. But... while there was a profile update and birthday line in that notify, there was not a line about the new page created yesterday. The birthday is there in What's New, but nothing about the new page.

Also, I should have seen both the profile update and birthday in my own notify emails, but I still have not received today's Once Daily in either my primary ATT or alternate Gmail email addresses.

Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 2:37 PM - Response #5

Darn gremlins!

Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 8:02 PM - Response #6

The only option for classmates to read today’s Notifications is email the class.

Edited 09/01/19 8:04 PM
Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM - Response #7

Today: Notify Me is all back together

Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:46 AM - Response #8

Gremlins indeed! I know from my test member's mail that some Once Daily emails went out on 9/01. But I didn't get them - and there's still no entry for 9/01 in the notify daily totals.

I did finally get the notify for the page update this morning, but it appears that my 9/01 Once Daily notifies for the profile update on 8/31 and birthday on 9/01 went into a black hole instead of coming to me at both (or either) email address.

This glitch seems more likely to be in the Notify Me programming than the mail server, but once again we've seen that many people probably won't ever get some emails that should have been sent.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.