ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

private chat room

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/10/09 10:52 PM Views: 1710 Replies: 11
Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM

i need some help

is there a possibility for a private chat room that needs a password to enter. Also if it cant be a java made one. if there is that would be great

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM - Response #1

Live Chat, currently being tested by our beta testers, will be released system wider this month. It will not be released with the ability to create a password protected private chat room. However, this and many other enhnacements will quickly be suggested by the users after release. Thus we'll be creating a list of enhancements right after the release and then will be working on those over time.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 1:30 AM - Response #2

how do you want suggestions presented to you? is it possible to have a sound when a new chat is posted, or the screen link blink? I have also noticed, the chat screen does not clear all the time. It is good to see who was chatting before, but if they thought the info was just between those involved, they are not.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 1:36 AM - Response #3

When you join we'll probably have it show just the last few posts. For the most part though, consider anything you're saying in a public chat to be public.

When chat goes live system wide we'll be posting an item and also at that time asking for suggestions, which we'll try to keep all together in the same item. We're working on a few things right now before release though, so before even starting an improvement list let's get chat out the door, get the post going, and then start a collective dialogue about the things that would make chat more fun and compelling. The upcoming release was really intended to just cover the basics, and for us that means allowing many thousands of people to all chat simultaneously without melting the system and things like that. Smile Once the tech side of things is all squared away then we can start having some real fun.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM - Response #4

Hi Brad -
Any chance to become a beta tester?? I've got an active base averaging about 50 users daily. Would love to incorporate chat and help you work out any kinks at the same time.
Bonnie

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM - Response #5

We're going to have a beta 2 starting Friday, where anyone who wants to have Live Chat can get on board.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM - Response #6

Count me in. Just keep me posted on what I need to do to get onboard.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM - Response #7

HOW CAN I BECOME A PART OF THIS BETA??
Just called in and got recorded message.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:44 PM - Response #8

Bonnie Peterson wrote:

HOW CAN I BECOME A PART OF THIS BETA??
Just called in and got recorded message.

Brad said he would open up a new forum topic TODAY and those that wanted to BETA TEST the Private Chat Room could put their name on the list by posting a reply to the topic. As far as I know, there isn't a new topic yet.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM - Response #9

No there isn't...and I'm trying to stick close to home so I don't miss anything BUT I do have to head out soon so hurry Brad hurry!! lol

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 4:13 PM - Response #10

I actually just posted that item a few minutes ago. It's in the New Features forum.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM - Response #11

The suspense is killing me!!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.