ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

is there a way??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/14/11 04:58 PM Views: 1897 Replies: 6
Friday, January 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM

This is a question from a Teacher on my site. Can anyone provide me some information?

I have converted some of the 1978 - 81 GHS Jazz Band and Concert Band tapes to CDs. I was wondering if there is some way this site could, somehow, let me download a few of them for anyone who would like to hear them?

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

Hey Kevin -- bet your classes will appreciate those recordings!

You'll need to convert them to MP3 files -- by hooking up a tape player or using the built in DVD/CD player and using a program to do the conversions.

Then check out the "Widgets" link under "Admin Functions". This will let you upload the MP3 files to your CC storage area and create a player you can embed on one of your pages or provide a link to a player and make a pop-out of the player.

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM - Response #2

Hi Kevin,

I had a similar situation with our Choristers music. There is a lot of free software out there to convert your CD to MP3 as John advises. I happen to have an iPod so I have iTunes installed (free, in any event) on my computer. That's what I used.

I'm very conscious of the Class Creator 200 MB storage limit (which is a reasonable limit, if used judiciously). Thus I only store what I have to on this site. I signed up for a free account on ReverbNation (a site for bands to get a presence on the web) and uploaded my songs there and rather presumptuously named myself the "manager" of the group (that last met almost 50 years ago). They wanted to know when/where our next "gig" was going to be (so our fans/groupies could line up, I suppose) and I told them the date/place of our next reunion.

With ReverbNation you can embed a player on your site or have a hyperlink to produce a separate page dedicated to the player. One drawback, for me anyway, to having the embedded player (not the hyperlinked one) is that it plays all the songs you've uploaded. We have several different "sets" and even sell CD's of them to our classmates.

Jim

P.S. ReverbNation tells me that we're currently ranked #19 in our region under the "Other" category. Wink

Edited 01/14/11 7:27 PM
Friday, January 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM - Response #3

I can't wait do this for my class! I purchased the program and hardware last month and took the turntable out of the closet. My classmates have no idea of my plans. Hope I will find this page when I get back on a computer - hopefully next week.

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM - Response #4

Yes there is an easier way to do it. First of all music already on a CD disk is format type of file .CDA not recognized as an .mp3 with web players (even though it is). What you need to do is google a file converter .cda to .mp3 FREE on the web. Begin the conversion to .mp3
Then you'll need to host the .mp3 on the web as NOT to take up your CC file storage limits. Music files are usually anywhere from 3MB to 5MB or more. I use FREE www.fileden.com
to store my exclusive music files. Now that your files have a free home on the web, you can easily upload via the URL to www.playlist.com and create your own player exclusive to your music files.
Be patient when going through this process, you'll be glad you did in the end.

Kevin

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM - Response #5

Why not just e-mail them to the first person who asks, and let that person send them to the next person who asks, and on and on and on?!

I've found that the more time you spend to accommodate what many people say they want, the less they actually use it.

That's my experience.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM - Response #6

I will be using this very soon. I make a log of of a particular idea/thread and file it. This is going to be a great help!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.