ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate can't login with Firefox

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/16/10 09:57 AM Views: 1515 Replies: 7
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Got this email from a classmate:
When I use firefox, the site won't let me in. When I use internet explorer, with the same password, I'm allowed in.
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM - Response #1

Please get more details. Is there an error message being displayed? What exactly happens?
Thanks

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM - Response #2

From my user:
With firefox, after I enter login info, new screen says login successful, then I'm rolled back to the login screen, this time with the caption "OOPS". Successive attempts to login create this continuous loop. With internet explorer, first attempt to login is always successful.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 4:45 PM - Response #3

what is the URL they are using to access your website?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #4

Our website is ParisAmericanHighSchool.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 7:39 PM - Response #5

Tell them to make sure they have cookies turned on. Class Creator uses cookies in the browser to remember if you have logged in yet. If not, it sends you to the login page. That seems to be what they are getting.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 7:20 AM - Response #6

Continuation of topic from 2010.

Both me and a classmate are having trouble loggin in with Firefox. Login returns use to login after entering id and password.

Cookies are on and I have a cookie placed from classmates.com.

I just found a workaround. In Firefox, go to Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies and look for the cookie with the same name as your web site. Remove the folder with the name of your web site and you're good to go.

Now if Microsoft would only get IE-9 fixed so that it works with our web site! Very Happy

Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 7:20 AM - Response #7

Continuation of topic from 2010.

Both me and a classmate are having trouble loggin in with Firefox. Login returns use to login after entering id and password.

Cookies are on and I have a cookie placed from classmates.com.

I just found a workaround. In Firefox, go to Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies and look for the cookie with the same name as your web site. Remove the folder with the name of your web site and you're good to go.

Now if Microsoft would only get IE-9 fixed so that it works with our web site! Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.