ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

slideshows deleted

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/16/08 11:17 AM Views: 1761 Replies: 12
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Could you please give me a reason why all of the slideshows on my Mariani's page have been deleted??? Thanks, Bonita

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM - Response #1

Have you checked on them at the 3rd party you are using?
That site might be having problems and it could be that as soon as they come back up your slideshows might reappear.
Just a guess.
Curly Harman

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM - Response #2

Oh and when I went in and checked your website the slideshows were working.
Curly

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:24 PM - Response #3

Thanks. I've checked with Picture Trail and they seem intact. They are still showing as "slideshow has been deleted" on my site as I view it. Not sure what you are seeing. It's only the Mariani's page that this has occurred. I do appreciate you're help. Thanks. Bonita

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:29 PM - Response #4

Curly, I just noticed that they are still present on my edit page.???? I don't get it. Bonita

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 1:05 PM - Response #5

I can see your slideshows. Perhaps you need to clean cache and cookies and then come back with a fresh page and look at your site. Hope that works for you.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM - Response #6

Well, thanks, but I was waiting for a reply from Brad. I copied and pasted his reply to us the one time it happened with coadmin slide. I will wait. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me though. I truly appreciate it. Bonita

"Unfortunate I have confirmed that it is our own system that is killing your third party plugin. We are aware that this is happening and know how to fix it, and programmer Mike Johnston is working on this problem now. Once this patch is in place your slideshow should work fine."

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 7:31 PM - Response #7

The first thing I do in situations like this is grab your slide show code and test it outside of the Class Creator system. I.E. I just pop it into an independent html authoring program and then preview the plugin.

In this case, it comes up with "slideshow has been deleted."

This says a few things to me:

1) The fact that you're seeing this message has nothing to do with our system.

2) Your slideshow may very well have been deleted at the place you made it that's hosting it. Why? I have no idea. Do you have a trial account there, or possibly have to pay or something like that?

3) If it's not readily apparent on the third party site where you built these slideshows, you need to contact their Support Department and inquire with them as to why your slideshows are not working. One thing I'm sure of, is they'll know why. From the responses above it seems that this problem could simply be intermittent, which leads to the suspician that this third party plugin provider is having technical difficulties at the moment. If they are they should be able to inform you of that when you inquire.

Edited 12/16/08 7:34 PM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM - Response #8

Brad, Still waiting on some word from Picture Trail. Meantime, I still can't reconcile the quoted response from you to my co admin, Betty, when this happened to her a while back. She never did get if fixed and with no help from either place so scratched using Picture Trail. Looks like I may be doing the same. I also am wondering HOW and WHY, for each of the 3 times that I tried to delete the flash box on the edit page and replace the slideshows( which obviously failed), the quoted part of my post was placed at the bottom of the Mariani's page!! Total puzzle to me. I left them there in case you would want to check them out, but I will remove. So, with no word from Picture Trail, I guess it's rework the 6 slideshows.
Thank you, Bonita

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 10:28 AM - Response #9

Did you have it on the clipboard and somehow paste it in there? All I can tell you is that it's in there. Typically it would be something that got copied and pasted, that's all I can imagine.

Your slideshows on this page were all working before, correct? They are very different from the issue you're quoting with Betty. Those particular plugins were utilizing a specific third party plugin feature called "FLASHVARS" and that feature is not supported by the curent version of the Editor (which is known as the FCK Editor) integrated into Class Creator. The new FCK Editor does support FLASHVARS variables and we'll be changing to that upgraded editor shortly now.

I looked at your current slideshow issue and noted these objects did not use Flashvars. I also knew if they did they would have never worked in the first place. Thus I believe you're having a different issue altogether here. Do me a favor though, please regenerate your slideshow code for any 1 of these slideshows. And then email the code to mail@classcreator.com. That way if I can confirm if somehow just saving your page alone somehow changed the code. I don't think that's the case or your slideshows could have never worked from inception, but just to cross every t and dot every 1, please email me the code for 1 object and I'll test it independently without ever saving it in Class Creator.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 11:00 AM - Response #10

Argh! I'm glad I asked you to send that. Now I get it finally.

The issue IS Flashvars... Same issue as before. The reason I didn't figure that out is because our system stripped out the Flashvars code from your plugin when you saved your page and thus I couldn't see it. But in the original code you emailed me, I see the Flashvars variable plain as day...

The bad news is, for now you can't embed this particular type of plugin. The good news is, a fix for this is just around the corner. And then you'll be able to use Flashvars plugins all you'd like.

Edited 12/17/08 11:01 AM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:34 AM - Response #11

I'm having this same FLASHVARS problem. In source mode, I paste in the code onto my home page, save & exit, and it works fine, as long as I don't go back to edit the page again. Same behavior on any other page, even announcements.

Once out, I can see it's still intact via the File...View...Source feature:

But if I go back to edit something else, just taking the page into edit mode changes the code and I lose the FLASHVARS line out of it:

>

I found a WORK-AROUND till this gets fixed. Make a back-up copy of the initial embedded code (or the whole page source) to an external text file BEFORE that first save. Then if you have to change the page again, also paste the original embedded code over the part that gets corrupted. (I'm in XP with IE, if that matters.)

Glad to see it's not me. Had fought this repeatedly before I realized it's good for one save. Now at least I can have my slides. Let us know when it's working! Thanks.

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM - Response #12

You're exactly right! You're good for one save. One save 2 and after, you have to paste in your code again so it's like you're saving it for the first time. This is actually a bug in our third party editing component (known as the FCK Editor). A fix is coming for this soon.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.