ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

copy of clip

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/16 10:03 AM Views: 958 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Please let me know if it is OK to cut and paste to a profile. -see Margaret Burrella, Agnes Dougherty both 1939- I have done this a lot of times and then I remembered that I had a problem with this on some others, see Ella Mae Potts (Settle) - Class Of 1943. In upper left there is a file missing or something. The first two seem fine. I am not sure of the difference.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

HI Ray,

When it comes to photos you want to upload them rather than copy and paste them. When you paste an image you can sometimes see the image locally on your system, however, users who do not have that image locally will see a broken image. On Margaret's In Memory page you pasted an image that is actually loading from another website. That will technically work for everyone, however, if the website ever changes the location of the image or removes the image for any reason you will see a broken image symbol. So I prefer to save the image locally and then upload it to ensure you have the image and are not relying on an outside system to maintain the image or location.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 10:04 AM - Response #2

Please confirm that this shows that this file is on your site.

"/000/5/7/2/5275/userfiles/image/robey.jpg"

thank you.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 10:38 AM - Response #3

Pasting www.classcreator.com/000/5/7/2/5275/userfiles/image/robey.jpg in a browser DOES show a graphic image.

Is that what you mean?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 2:38 PM - Response #4

Yes, I guess it got cut off when I looked at it. It does show it is on site. That is what I wanted to know.
Thsnks

ray

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.