ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reloading Classmate List

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/07/11 09:16 PM Views: 1147 Replies: 4
Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I'm in the preliminary stages of setting up our 40th reunion web site. I took a classmate spreadsheet I was given and loaded it onto CC and it worked beautifully, except that the spreadsheet I had been given really should have been scrubbed. (double names, maiden/married names, etc.) Now that I've corrected the .csv spreadsheet, is it possible to re-load it again? Or will that screw up everything and give me duplicate class lists, one good, one not?

Laurel

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM - Response #1

You can delete the classmates who haven't signed up yet, but those who have signed up and created their profile, you probably don't want to delete them.

To delete multiple classmates at a time, go to Manage Classmates, Upload Classmates, RESET CLASSMATES. You will be given a list of classmates you can select and then press the RESET button and those classmates will be gone. Then when you re-upload the new spreadsheet, your class list will be corrected.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM - Response #2

Wonderful! It worked. Thank you. Follow-up question: There were 8-10 classmates (my committee) that previously completed their profiles before I reset the list. Their entries still show the double names etc. Can I edit their individual profiles; or, should I tell them to do it themselves?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM - Response #3

Either way will work. You or them. You would do it through Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then the DETAILS page.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM - Response #4

Greatly appreciate your help and quick response! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.