ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help with Previewing Survey

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/19 08:13 PM Views: 645 Replies: 13
Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 8:13 PM

H there, is there any way to "preview" a survey before sending it out? I can't find anything that would allow me to do that, though it seems as it should be an option seeing how it's kind of important to be able to see a survey before sending out to the masses Smile
Thanks for any help I can get
Linda

Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 10:20 PM - Response #1

There is no "sending it out to the masses". Surveys are generated on a new page of the website. If you want to preview the survey, just click the left-side link and see the survey. If you don't want classmates to see it yet, don't send out an email announcing the survey or deactivate the page as soon as you test it out.

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 12:17 AM - Response #2

Thank you for your help. So it won't automatically send an email out announcing there is a survey to take? I was thinking it would automatically send out an email to everyone letting them know that there would be a survey to take.

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 12:21 AM - Response #3

When you create a new page, which is what you are doing when you create a survey page, there is no email sent out, just like there is no email sent out when you create any page. You should notify your classmates, usually done via Email the Class, that the survey page is available on your site.

Edited 06/09/19 12:22 AM
Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 12:54 AM - Response #4

Oh ok, I get it now. Thank you! That was so much more help than was available on that page...or maybe I just need to up my comprehension skills Wink
Thank you all soooo much!!
Linda

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 1:53 AM - Response #5

Okay one more quick question...is there any way to make the survey page visible only when logged in? I logged out and was able to see the page but would prefer that it be kept private unless logged in.
Thank you for any help provided Smile

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 4:34 AM - Response #6

Yes, Erlinda. After you save your survey, go to EDIT SITE PAGES to find the survey. You will be able to restrict it there the same as you do with any page.

Edited 06/09/19 4:35 AM
Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 8:35 AM - Response #7

As Gwen talked about, you can go to Edit Site Pages, Click the Edit Link button then check the "Restrict to Fellow Monarchs only" checkbox and then save the changes.

However, even if you don't "Restrict to Fellow Monarchs only", when not logged in, the person viewing can't submit their answers, they can only see the questions.

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 11:35 AM - Response #8

Thank you all so much for your help!! I had placed my email on the page and want that to be kept private as you can imagine LOL Smile
Thank you again so much!!!
Linda Smile

Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM - Response #9

Hello yet again... sorry
I have some people who are having problems taking the survey. It'll tell them to log in when they try to log in even though they are already logged in....what did I do wrong this time LOL Wink
thank you for your help Smile

Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:40 PM - Response #10

If a member is not logged in, they can't take the survey. Be sure they have their browser set to accept and save cookies as they can't remain logged in if that is not the case.

Monday, June 10, 2019 at 8:51 PM - Response #11

Thank you so much!! I'll be sure to remind them to be logged in and to double check their cookies settings Smile

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:49 PM - Response #12

Kyle Erickson wrote:

There is no "sending it out to the masses". Surveys are generated on a new page of the website. If you want to preview the survey, just click the left-side link and see the survey. If you don't want classmates to see it yet, don't send out an email announcing the survey or deactivate the page as soon as you test it out.

I must be dense. What link am I clicking to see the survey?

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM - Response #13

NEVERMIND ! FOUND IT !

Website Administrator wrote:

Kyle Erickson wrote:

I must be dense. What link am I clicking to see the survey?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.