ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photos Not Uploading in Profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/10/15 03:10 PM Views: 2713 Replies: 35
Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Gentlemen:
My classmates have informed me that they cannot load any photos into their Personal Profiles. As the Class Admin I also tried to load photos but I was also unable.

My operation sequence is this. After I login I go directly to "Member Functions", "Edit/Upload Photos", then the Image Editor Version 1.1 displays. I select "Browse" and then select the folder location on my desktop where the photo is stored. I then Select the specific Photo from my Computer Desktop Folder or File and Click "Open". At this point the Class Creator system returns me to Image Editor 1.1 where nothing happens.

My computer is a Dell XPS running Windows 7 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. My site is www.ohs58.net. I have also tried using Chrome and Firefox but get the same results.

Could you please advise me how to fix this problem and be able to upload classmate photos into their personal profiles. Thank You in advance for any help you may provide.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 3:29 PM - Response #1

Your site is using our old profile style that is no longer supported. The best solution is to move to the newer profile style and adjust your Profile Preferences via your Preferences page so that you mimic the old profiles as much as possible. The old image editor was flash based. The new image editor for the newer profiles is HTML based and therefore more compatible for more devices.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 7:55 PM - Response #2

Scott. When I went to my "Preferences" I could not locate anything related to "Profile Preferences". I must be missing something but as an active member of the "3/4 Century Club" this doesn't surprise me. Could you please advise what I am doing wrong in this matter?

As Always, your help is sincerely appreciated!

Ralph Posey, Class Adm
www.ohs58.net
email: rcposey@hotmail.com

Edited 10/19/15 12:26 PM
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM - Response #3

I'm having the same problem. Classmates cannot upload photos to their profiles, nor can I. There is no "Profile Preferences" in the "Preferences" section.

Thanks for your help!
Sharon
www.claremont61.com

Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 5:20 PM - Response #4

Ralph: The Profile Preferences section is 80% of the way down the screen... you need to scroll to near the bottom to see that section. Sharon: Your site is also using the old profile system. My recommendation is to let me have the programmer upgrade you to the new profiles and then you can make adjustments to the profile layout via the Profile Preferences that will be on your Preferences page once you are upgraded.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 5:47 PM - Response #5

Ok thanks, Scott!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM - Response #6

Hi Scott,
Has my site been upgraded to new profiles yet? I still can't upload photos to profile pages. How will I know when this is done & do I need to do something to help?
Thanks!
Sharon

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 8:09 AM - Response #7

I am also having trouble uploading photos to profiles. I do not see an option to change profile preferences. When did this change? Would you please make the changes necessary for me to be able to upload photos? Thanks.

Edited 10/30/15 8:12 AM
Friday, October 30, 2015 at 12:47 PM - Response #8

Sharon - I will see where this stands with the programmer's task list.

Camille - I need your permission to proceed with the request.

Friday, October 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM - Response #9

I do appreciate the quick response, but I have a few questions before we go ahead with what sounds like a custom programming fix.
What exactly will be done and when?
Are there any "side effects" or ramifications I need to be aware of with the fix?
For my curiosity, when were the new profiles offered
as an option? I don't recall seeing that or consciously opting not to go that way.
Also, I'm not sure I understand why you intend to fix this one by one instead of fixing the source of the problem?
Thanks,
Camille

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM - Response #10

The Programmer needs to do something on his end to move any existing photos in the database so that they are displayed in the new profiles once you are converted. No "side effects" per-se, other than you will be in the new format. At which time you can look at the profile preferences on the Preferences page to decide what elements you wish to show and hide on the profiles. The move to the new profiles happened back in 2012. At the time of the move, we told anyone who stayed with the old format that we did not intend on supporting the old profiles going forward.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM - Response #11

What happened to the "old" code that converted things automatically? Just curious since it was easy/simple to do this before.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM - Response #12

ok please make the change so classmates can upload photos to profile and advise when it is done. Thanks, Camille

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM - Response #13

You can tell right away when it is done. The profiles are very different looking. Plus the way photos display is also very different. And there are some other changes that become obvious.

Tinker with the generic settings to see how you want the profiles to look. I personally did not like the look of having a "comment" area under each profile answer - so I turned that off (after much discussion :winkSmile. But you might.

Overall, it's a much cleaner and flexible system. Plus the newer tools are much better and work on a wider range of devices.

Camille Norton wrote:

... advise when it is done. Thanks, Camille

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 5:19 AM - Response #14

Thanks, Jack.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM - Response #15

Sharon and Camille - your sites have been fully converted to the Social Profiles. If you wish to make changes to the features included in the profiles, please visit your Preferences page and scroll down near the bottom to the Profile Preferences section.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM - Response #16

Cool! Thanks, Scott! I'll check it out.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM - Response #17

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the help.
One question: How do you add text when uploading a photo
to the new profile format?

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM - Response #18

Please change the profile from classic to social on my site also.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:09 PM - Response #19

Open the gallery view, hover over the photo and select Edit Details, there will be a form field for a caption to the right.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM - Response #20

Thanks Fred. I'll send it to the programmer.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM - Response #21

Is this an admin-only function? or can classmates do it themselves?

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 3:22 PM - Response #22

Admin only function. You set the preferences on that page for how you want all the profiles to look.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 11:22 AM - Response #23

The change from Classic to Social has been made but now profiles show attendance at events that are no longer active. See mine for example. Please correct.

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM - Response #24

Fred - you should be all set.

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM - Response #25
Event Planner.JPG

Nope, still there. See attached. Also notice that all "yearbook" photos have disappeared.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM - Response #26

I am seeing something different than your screen cap. http://screencast.com/t/XxeJDxkDO5

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 7:15 PM - Response #27

Look at his sailing site

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM - Response #28

Thanks Jack. Need more coffee. Fred - You had the Profile Settings set so that the Yearbook Photos were turned off. You can review the settings at the bottom of the Preferences page.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 1:59 PM - Response #29

Thanks Scott, didn't recall that there was a setting for this and wouldn't have thought it would not have been selected when then change from Classic to Social was made. All appears well on that front now. However, attendance at events that are not active still persists.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 4:39 PM - Response #30

Strange. I can document that and send that to the programmer.

Friday, November 13, 2015 at 3:25 PM - Response #31

Fred - should be fixed now.

Friday, November 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM - Response #32

Appears to be, thanks.

Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:37 PM - Response #33

Hi Scott,
My members are having the same problem in uploading photos.
After Browse, and finding the photos, nothing happens.
Reading this thread it appears that its best if one of your programmers make the necessary change to our Preferences.
Could you please do this for me?
Thank you
Michael Cornelissen
Administrator
DHS Class of 1960

Friday, April 1, 2016 at 6:54 PM - Response #34

Hi Michael,

I'll put in the request to the programmer and get back with you.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, January 6, 2017 at 6:20 PM - Response #35

Due to no longer being able to support and make updates to the older classic profile format, we have converted all remaining sites to the new social profiles. You can go to your Preferences page and look fgor the Profile Preferences section in order to turn on and off features as desired. You can mimic the classic profile fairly closely in functionality if you wish. Photos will be able to be successfully uploaded by your members in the new profiles.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.