ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Moving to the Responsive Design

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/24/15 03:32 AM Views: 1151 Replies: 11
Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Is there something one should do to ensure that reverting to the original theme is easily accomplished ?
Can access to the site be suspended for classmates while experimenting with the new design ?

Edited 12/24/15 3:34 AM
Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM - Response #1

No. experiment late at night or early in the morning? When you switch to the responsive design your classmates will see it immediately. But note that classmates won't see your responsive design changes until you press the "Save" button. You can experiment with all you'd like and you're the only one seeing what you're trying until you press save.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 3:39 PM - Response #2

Brad - for no particular reason, I'm not interested in changing my site - and haven't been reading news about the Responsive Design. I guess I need to confirm that my site will continue 'as is' with no interruptions and/or surprises.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 3:58 PM - Response #3

Hi Irma,

The responsive design is an active option right now, however, it is not required and your site can continue as is.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM - Response #4

I am assuming you can go in and edit and save your responsive design changes and then re-select your old design to reactivate the original design you had used. Please advise if this is true. Thank you....

Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 2:24 PM - Response #5

My experience has been that you can revert to your legacy design from the responsive design and that it will have remained intact. However, any changes made to the responsive design are not retained and must be redone if you decide to switch back to it.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 9:58 PM - Response #6

This whole subject has got me totally confused. I do not want to waste my time designing the new "Responsive Design" then saving it to keep my design, then automatically show it to everyone, then go back to the legacy version and lose everything I had worked on!

This whole thing appears to be a wine before it's time and frustrating that the new stuff can not be used. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered with CC!Exclamation

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM - Response #7

One idea is to make NEW pages where you copy/duplicate an existing page. Then modify these NEW pages to see how they look in Responsive Mode.

Use Preview to see how it looks or you could make them temporarily active.

Then when you switch back and forth (deactivate any 'extra' ones) everything will be fine and you don't have to redo anything.

Most of the work for Responsive is related to tables, sizes (too much white space) or ANY straight HTML overrides that the responsive design may change in unexpected ways.

Some Ideathings are not easy to fix

Edited 01/12/16 6:10 PM
Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM - Response #8

I switched to Responsive Design prematurely. I wasn't prepared for the immediate switch. How do I change back to my original look?

Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM - Response #9

Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the page, select Change Design, select View Legacy Design and then select the format you want.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM - Response #10

Thanks so much, I too prematurely switched. I had no problem with the design, but classmates upset about the NOTIFICATIONS. If you don't delete them every day they build up and have to be individually deleted. We have an active site and some had 40 a day! Maybe there's a way around it, but I decided to revert to original for now.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM - Response #11

I am working on a better solution for the Alert Bell. No details yet but we will elaborate soon.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.