Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

announcements over-shooting space

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/10 02:06 PM Views: 1528 Replies: 7
Monday, March 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM

hi,

can someone please help me.
we have a condolence announcement posting that overshoots to the right side of the page and occupies some parts of the page.

it overshoots and covers some parts of the "where they live", "missing classmates" and "active classmates" sections.

i've deactivated these 3 sections for now to give way to the announcement, but i would like to bring it back and fix the overshooting announcement as well

looking forward to your response.

thanks and regards,
Georg

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 2:53 PM - Response #1

Third party slideshow and third party image were too large for the space in which they were inserted. I bumped them down to the maximum size. See this thread for more information about max sizes.

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM - Response #2

thanks for fixing that!
and thank you for that helpful link too!
u rock!

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM - Response #3

I normally use Firefox and have no problems. I just happened to be using that browser so opened IE to my site. I was amazed to see the type large and the announcements blown over the right column. It's not that way in my FF.

How to fix?

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM - Response #4

It was your very long hyperlink: http://www.stjoenews.net/obituaries/2010/mar/24/joseph-zembles/

I changed it to just "StJoenews.com". Firefox wrapped it, Internet Explorer didn't. Also in Internet Explorer, under your View menu, make sure you have your default text size set to smaller or medium.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #5

TY Brad. Next time I'll set it as a tiny url. Why doesn't IE wrap?

My IE is set on Medium. Is that still too large? I did notice the type was much larger than my FireFox, in viewing the announcements. I didn't opt for the large type in the editor either.

Signed,
Puzzled

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM - Response #6

Browsers are slightly different. Text and often tables will appear a little smaller in Firefox.

Why doesn't IE wrap the long link with no spaces? Ask Mr. Gates. And when you do, tell him Brad at Class Creator would really appreciate them changing their browser to behave like Firefox, which I find much more versatile.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM - Response #7

LMAO, thank you Brad.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.