ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Photo Gallery email sent too soon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/28/13 03:55 PM Views: 971 Replies: 6
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yesterday I posted 5 pictures for a classmate and then was able to convince him he could upload the reminder himself and add captions, etc. Just now I received an email that I assume went to everyone announcing his new gallery which still just contains the 5 pixs I uploaded. How did that email suddenly go out? Does it happen automatically? I did not see anything to indicate the new gallery would be announced, so I assumed I would send a class email when Matt completed his work. I thought if I had made the new gallery inactive, he would not have been able to add to it I thought. Why was it almost 24 hours after my upload.
I'm obviously missing a step somewhere.

Thanks, Beverly

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #1

Beverly,

On your NOTIFY ME page, you have ONCE DAILY selected for "Pictures have been added to a photo gallery"...

Notify me by email when ...    Immediately        Once Daily        Never
I receive a new personal message                  
Someone leaves a comment on my profile                  
Pictures have been added to a photo gallery           X       
A new response is posted in the Message Forum                  

The "Once Daily" option usually goes out in the morning of the next day, but because there was probably a back-log of e-mails waiting to go out, you received it in the afternoon of the next day.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Response #2

Beverly - When pics are added to the Gallery, an announcement goes out automatically . . . unlike other pages where the admin (if that's who adds them) can check to notify classmates that a new page has been updated/created. Awhile back I suggested this option be added to the Gallery pages - I think (hope) it's being considered for future CC updates.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM - Response #3

Kyle,
I turned ADVANCED OPTIONS - ON. Under MEMBER NOTIFICATIONS, doesn't the UNCHECKED option stop ALL email notifications when ANY page is updated? I chose it. Please say it is so.

Here is the text of that option on our TAP site:

TAP MEMBER NOTIFICATIONS: TAP Members sign up to be notified when various pages of your site have been updated. You may not want these automatic notices to go out if you are making a small edit (e.g. fixing a typo). A checkbox is present under the editor window indicating how many people have subscribed to receive updates for the page you are editing. You can check or uncheck this box to send or not send these automatic notifications. The default status for this checkbox is settable below:

Prechecked: Automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually unchecked before saving
   Unchecked: Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving

Edited 05/28/13 6:19 PM
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM - Response #4

Gwen,

I think the options you are talking about only set the default state of the question when it is asked. If the question is never asked (as Rhonda said it is not), the default state of that question wouldn't matter (because it isn't asked).

The message you posted above says "The default status for this checkbox is settable below" meaning it is only setting the default status like I said.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM - Response #5

Kyle,
So everyone did NOT receive the notification, just me. Right? That's a relief! Now I'm going to work through all the information given in the replies (Thank you, everyone!) and learn something. I appreciate the quick responses.

Beverly

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM - Response #6

Right, only those who signed up for the NOTIFY ME option (which is not everyone).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.