ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion: Missing Classmates Enhancement

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/14/12 12:19 PM Views: 1389 Replies: 1
Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I have my Missing Classmate link set for those classmates who we have no Email Address. I am working my 3rd Class Website for www.anadarkohs62.com, and they have VERY FEW email addresses. However, we know a lot of them use Facebook, so they do have email addresses unknown to us.

The Missing Classmate link might deserve a fresh review. All it does now is sends the classmate a notice from 'some Unidentified' classmate requesting they join.

First, it would be nice and more personal if the invitation said your fellow classmate Jack Smith invites you......

Second, it would be EXTREMELY helpful, at least in my case, that simultaneously the system sends email to administrator with the "Found" email address that Jack Smith sent to Jane Doe.

If viable, this would be a simple and easy way for my existing classmates to let me know about some email addresses that so far I have unsuccessfully found.

Edited 07/14/12 12:21 PM
Monday, July 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM - Response #1

There are specific reasons why this feature is set up the way it is. One, if someone knows an email address they think belongs to a classmates and uses it for this putpoer, we do not want to assume (and act on the assumption) both that the email address is correct, and that the classmate sending the message wants to give that email address to the site admin without the express approval of the owner of that address, nor do we want to be collecting information without the knowledge and approval of the individuals involved. We feel that making this feature automatically notify the admin when used might discourage its use by privacy-sensitive classmates (the number of which SHOULD be increasing over time).

Also, the feature is designed to be able to be used by persons not logged into the site, which makes personalization only possible when used by a logged in user. In that particular circumstance, it might make sense to indicate the name of the person doing the inviting. Otherwise, it becomes a potential tool for email abuse.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.