ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

It's easy to add music and video links to your site pages!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/08 12:43 AM Views: 1564 Replies: 7
Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 12:43 AM

All you have to do to create a list of songs or videos, is by simply copying and pasting the web address onto your page.... While you're in the edit mode of one of your site's pages, simply open a new window and go to the site (e.g. YouTube) and find your song or video selection. Then, highlight, copy and paste that selection's web address onto your site page... the http://www....etc. When you're done, save your page and then click on that page's tab. Scroll down to the link you just added and if you pass your cursor over it, it should automatically underline itself. When it does, click on it and BINGO! You should now be connected to that song, video, or whatever you added, from your site's page. Then, to return to your page, simply press the back key. It's SO easy! Check out my class site at www.bradford78.com and press the "Time for Recess!" tab. You'll see how much fun it can be!

Edited 07/20/08 1:30 AM
Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM - Response #1

Sandie Hansen wrote:

All you have to do to create a list of songs or videos, is by simply copying and pasting the web address onto your page.... While you're in the edit mode of one of your site's pages, simply open a new window and go to the site (e.g. YouTube) and find your song or video selection. Then, highlight, copy and paste that selection's web address onto your site page... the http://www....etc. When you're done, save your page and then click on that page's tab. Scroll down to the link you just added and if you pass your cursor over it, it should automatically underline itself. When it does, click on it and BINGO! You should now be connected to that song, video, or whatever you added, from your site's page. Then, to return to your page, simply press the back key. It's SO easy! Check out my class site at www.bradford78.com and press the "Time for Recess!" tab. You'll see how much fun it can be!

You can also embed the videos on your website to avoid having to click out of that page onto youtube. The beginning of the video will display on the page and people can click that and view it right there without having to leave.

BTW, love all your music! I love 80's music, but I love Classic rock from the 70's too.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 2:21 PM - Response #2

I have download the playlist on my computer also downloaded real player. Now I can't put the list on the site. NEED HELP...

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 6:36 PM - Response #3

Johnny Bankston wrote:

I have download the playlist on my computer also downloaded real player. Now I can't put the list on the site. NEED HELP...

You need to insert the code for the playlist onto yourwebsite. Go back to playlist.com, find your playlist and there will be a link to get the code for it.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM - Response #4

Thanks for the tips, Cathy. I now added a playlist to my profile page and how fun! I'm sure my classmates will enjoy creating their own playlists now, too. You've been a great inspiration and I appreciate it. Smile

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM - Response #5

Wow Sandie, you're making me blush!! lol

Monday, February 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM - Response #6

I'm confused. Where do I paste the web address?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM - Response #7

Jennie - the code they speak of is the embed code that is provided by youtube or playlist. The view you need to be in when pasting this code is called Source View. We do have a video on how to embed a youtube video where you can see the process. http://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm The process is nearly identical no matter what kind of 3rd party plugin you are pasting into the site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.