ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alignment

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/10 05:54 PM Views: 1301 Replies: 4
Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I uploaded pictures on my home page and now the page is now completely out of alignment. Help! How can I fix it and how do I keep from doing it again.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:45 PM - Response #1

First, realize that I am not the expert, but since I seem to be the first to read your post, I will try and give you an answer. First, remember that on the Home Page, the photo you enter cannot be larger than 420 pixels. It may be possible to enter it and then go into the Source and downsize it later, but that may actually be more of a problem. So, if possible, stick to the 420 or less in width.

When you go in to add photos to your Home Page, be sure to place your cursor at the location you want the photo to appear. Click your cursor into the contents area of the Home Page and move it up or down to get it where you want the top of the photo to be, then space over to align it where you want it on the page. I believe that you can also use the tool bar to left, right, or center justify the cursor before entering the photo. Good luck.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM - Response #2

Your page looks fine now so I'm assuming Edd's advice above must have worked, or you figured out the issue.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM - Response #3

Thanks, everyone! No sooner did I send the message than I figured it out. I went back a couple of "page back ups", which brought me back to the original alignment, and started over. The cursor as Edd said was the key. BINGO! Sorry for the false alarm and taking up your time.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM - Response #4

Any time Norine, that's what we're here for. Unrelated, but Edd don't try to format your page with your space bar. Doing so will eventually "blow out" your page. See this thread for more information about that.

Edited 01/17/10 10:20 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.