ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email the Class "Send Test to Me"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/30/12 06:21 PM Views: 1150 Replies: 7
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I've been trying to send myself a test email, using "Send Test to Me" without any luck. First attempt was 3-4 hours ago. I've checked my Spam and nothing is there. Also, I tried to "Save as draft to send later" but nothing is showing up in Drafts.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM - Response #1

Hi Sandi,

When you composed the email, did you paste in content that you copied from either another website or another application on your computer, or did you write the content and format it directly in the compose window?

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM - Response #2

I was attempting to compile some instructions for computer-challenged, first-time users to log in and set up a password, etc. I took screen shots of the "steps" (for example the "Join Us" box on the Home Page and the "Profile form" and the "Are you this person form", etc.) I converted the screen shots to png files (in Photoshop) and added them to the body of my Email as images. I used these images along with written instructions that I wrote directly in the compose window. So to answer your question, I did not paste any content.

I ended up making a PDF to send to my challenged classmates through regular email. Can you tell me why I wasn't able to send and save as a draft through CC?

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM - Response #3

Because Email the Class does not support attachments, including image files. The best approach to what you were doing would have been to create a page on your site that is publicly accessible with the content you were trying to put into the email and simply send out a link to that page. Recipients could click on the link and view the page on your site without having to log in or do anything else.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Response #4

Hmmm...interesting because the Email the Class compose window has all the formatting capabilities, including the image button for including images.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM - Response #5

The image button allows you to upload an image to your file vault and then place a reference to it in the email. That would also be a way to do what you were trying to do, but by creating a page, rather than sending the content in an email, you can change and update the page without having to send it out to everyone again.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM - Response #6

I did upload the images to my file vault and then inserted them in my email. Is there any other way to insert images? Anyway, considering I did everything correctly, I'm still wondering why Save as a Draft and Send Me a Test didn't work.

Your idea to create a page is a good alternative, however, I would still like to know that I can compose an email with an image inserted and use the features, Save as a Draft and Send Me a Test.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 12:30 PM - Response #7

It is possible that there was something else going on, but without being able to review the exact content of the message that wouldn't send (the raw code), I have no way to diagnose the problem.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.