ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Trouble with In Memory Section

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/13/13 09:42 PM Views: 970 Replies: 5
Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I'm beginning to think the deceased librarian that I've been trying to add to the In Memory section, is haunting me or preventing me from posting her obituary! The type document is from Adobe but I saved it as a word file. When I go to Edit Site Page, click on In Memory, then try to add Mary Bess Chastain (guest), my computer freezes EVERY TIME I TRY. What gives? I've tried and re-tried, booted and re-booted. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? All other classmates/deceased upload just fine.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

Have you tried the PASTE AS WORD button in the editor? Have you tried saving just the text of the obituary and copy/pasting the text only?

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM - Response #2

I can't even get to that point anymore. Yes, I tried to copy and paste but maybe there's too much saved due to multiple attempts? I don't know. I was able to delete her and start over. Will try to save the document in a different format. maybe that will help.

Edited 04/13/13 11:05 PM
Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM - Response #3

I had a very similar situation happen a few months ago. A classmate passed away and another classmate tried to copy the obit from the on-line newspaper ... it did like your experience because everything locked up. I contacted the CC guys and Scott did basically what Kyle mentioned. He copied the text from the obit in that was locking up everything and put it back in as Kyle suggested and everything was okay after that.

Good Luck!

Steve

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM - Response #4

I have had similar problems.
Our local paper has a habit of occasionally having hidden code in their obits.
When that occurs, I copy the text, and paste it into a Word Document, then save that document, open the document, and copy the text, and paste it into the In Memory notice.
Give it a try next time this happens – like Grandma’s chicken soup, ‘it couldn’t hurt.’

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM - Response #5

One other idea is to copy the text from the obituary, then paste it into NOTEPAD or some other text editor. Then copy the entire text from NOTEPAD (it should strip out the invisible codes) and paste it into your obituary edit area of the Edit Site Pages, Edit IN MEMORY page, EDIT for the deceased classmate page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.