Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Enable "Reply" for class emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/24 02:55 PM Views: 145 Replies: 5
Monday, March 18, 2024 at 2:55 PM

Emails sent from the site read like this:
Dorothy Drennen

Is there a way to change that "no reply" to either some mailbox on the site, OR my personal email?

We have a number of elderly non-technical classmates (well, we're ALL elderly, truth be told.... ), and even REPLY may be a bit of a challenge. Can we customize this?

Monday, March 18, 2024 at 9:29 PM - Response #1

All messages sent from a list based system must come from a no reply email address. In our case it is

Noreply@classcreator.net

At the bottom of the emails it does state that this email comes from whatever email address you have listed under Email and Sender section of Admin Functions > Preferences.

Some admins start each email with their name and email address to make sure it is always visible as well.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 3:28 AM - Response #2

Jessica, that's not required. In looking for a link for you to read, I think I've discovered why "bounces" no longer work. It might be caused by the noreply and how it is now treated.

Here read THIS

I do get no-reply from AMZ and a few others. I wonder if that is to get bounces? Anyway, something to consider to fix the no bounce issue.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 8:31 AM - Response #3

Jack, this is a great article on the effects of No-Reply email. I, too, hope Class Creator investigates the possibility of altering its "noreply@classcreator.net" email address.

Edited 03/19/24 1:52 PM
Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

Hi Dorothy, Jack and Scott,

Unfortunately the article is about corporate emails. It does not pertain to list emails meaning any service that sends emails on behalf of another through a central email server.

Even our Platinum email customers send from noreply@theirdomain.com because they are sending lists. If their personal email is @aol and they try to send it from @aol.com email it would not be allowed to relay through our system or be received by receiving mail servers because the headers would not match as being email headers from the aol.com mail system and it would be considers spam/spoofing. Not only would it not be delivered but we would also quickly be labelled as a system sending spam/spoofing and it would affect email for our entire system.

This is not something we can change.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 at 4:53 PM - Response #5

Please provide a link that says it has to be "noreply"? That's really my questioning. Craiglist now uses "robot". Google "workspace-noreply@google.com". Some do use "noreply" or "no-reply" and some just a name (as in Craigslist) with the notice at the bottom that this is not monitored.

The impetus for my response is that bounces have failed now for a long long time. "noreply" is shown to be a reason in that article.

Isn't CC interested why bounces no longer work? This important issue to everyone should be solved. Missing bounces comes up over and over. I think it would be worth exploring.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.