ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Creating a yearbook and past reunion photo page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/13/09 09:03 PM Views: 2156 Replies: 10
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I am unable to figure out where and how to start this. Any advice is helpful.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM - Response #1

Would somebody with an Issue yearbook mind posting a link to it here please? I think Issue is the best way to do it. Or in some cases I've just seen people scan in their entire yearbook, like this.

For adding photos, until we get to some built in Community Photo Gallery modules, the best thing to do is simply upload your photos in whatever configuration you'd like them. Try putting in a 2 column table by however many rows you want and putting your photos in columns. A lot of people will use Photobucket or Flickr too, like this.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 1:03 AM - Response #2

Hi Kelly Smile

I have my yearbook displayed in Issuu. Let me know if you have any questions.
Class of 1971 Woodland Issuu Yearbook

Good Luck Smile

Edited 05/14/09 1:10 AM
Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:57 AM - Response #3

Kelly Roos wrote:

I am unable to figure out where and how to start this. Any advice is helpful.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Kelly

I've helped one of the other sites with their Yearbook page.
They had problems with Issuu so they used Google Picasa. Download Picasa for free. Scan your yearbook. Then load to web picasa. Make a separate slideshow for each yearbook year. You can have the slideshow on your page, plus options to enlarge and download.

I used Onetruemedia.com for my reunion slideshow and school years. Those pages are open on my site for you to look at if you wish.

If you need help I will be happy to assist you.Smile

Dawn

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM - Response #4

http://www.classcreator.com/Fairmont-WV-Fairmont-Senior-1961/class_custom1.cfm

The yearbook is in Picasa. The newsletters and brochures on the site are in issuu. I like the functionality of both. I chose Picasa because of the ease in uploading such a large file.

***Please note. Copy and paste the address above rather than hit view site button at left. I administer several sites. The address above takes you to the yearbook.

Edited 05/14/09 9:25 AM
Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 3:52 AM - Response #5

I looked at what was available for the yearbook displays and nothing quite fit our needs. We scanned every page (two years so far), and I put them into a relatively simple presentation format. This allows the classmate to print each page if they want. There are a few 'tricks' to know if you want to do this, but it is really quite simple. We are going to have all four of our yearbooks online within the week.

This is a link to our home page where the yearbook links are located. Let me know what you think, and I can always use constructive criticism.

Edited 05/21/09 3:55 AM
Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM - Response #6

Here is our yearbook from www.issuu.com.
Redford class of 59 Blazer

Edited 08/29/09 5:45 PM
Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM - Response #7

What I really noticed about your site is your list of who is doing what(decorations, calling etc). Unfortunately...my name is on most of the labels. It's too late now to deligate...but you did a great job. K

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 6:56 AM - Response #8

Ken - I just found your Redford 59 YB posting and its AWESOME.

So you did this with http://issuu.com/ ?

I went to their website and it states that issuu.com is a free service.

So how did you do this? You must have scanned each individual page into a PDF file and uploaded them to issuu.com ?

Lots of work but a great result.

I really like the page flip and page zoom features.

javascript:addSmiley('Very Happy');

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 7:11 AM - Response #9

Brad - I really like the slideshow example for the Nicolet 88 that provided.

http://www.nicolet-1988.com/class_custom4.cfm

I'm exploring the GROUP feature in Flickr.com and that appears the way to go. I could create a group for our class, invite classmates to post their photos, and then post links to those group streams on our class website.

Anything else I need to know?

I have a personal Flickr account and I really like the clean interface.

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 12:03 PM - Response #10

I have never used Flickr so you know more than I do about this. Sounds good though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.