ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo on Home is not in the right place

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/17/14 09:44 PM Views: 736 Replies: 4
Monday, March 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I pasted an elementary photo on our home page. When I view the page in Edit mode, this photo is in the correct position, but then when I view the homepage it is at the bottom of the page. Its probably something very obvious. I am just not feeling obvious tonight! Smile Can someone help?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 4:08 PM - Response #1

That is the first time I've seen just a photo moved and not the rest.

Anyway, just change the width to 430 and it will go where it is supposed to go.

In the editor, right click, image properties and change the width. You might have to click the little lock icon if it puts in a height to keep everything proportional. But if it doesn't, just a width is all you need.

I'm curious if you uploaded that using a different page and then linked to it in the editor since Home Page automatically limits the width. Question

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM - Response #2

That did the trick! Thank you!
I copied this pic from phtobucket, just right click, copy and pasted onto the home page.

Have another question - When I post a link to our class website on facebook - a photo is displayed in the post.
Do you know how i can clear the cache or do what is needed so that the picture i just uploaded to our CC website is displayed on FB instead?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 12:05 AM - Response #3

You just gave an answer to a question someone else had on how to put larger images on the home page without them being resized (there is another way, but this is way simpler). Amazing Idea

Copy/Paste bypasses the restriction there. Hope that's not considered a bug now by CC Wink Now to see if I can find the post that was talking about that by John Ralph.

I think you uploaded it to CC somewhere along the line, although you did copy/paste it into the home page since that's the only way it could be the way it was.

This is the link to the image - notice how it's in the "image" vault of your class.

http://www.nrhsclassof1976.com/000/7/2/6/5627/userfiles/image/1-Royalton_Road_-_Mrs_Thomas.jpg

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM - Response #4

If you mean FB itself - the profile photo on your FB page, that's controlled by FB, not CC.

If you mean Class Connection (I call that FBCC) do you mean your Master Photo ? The one on the left in your profile.

Normally reloading a page (press F5 or the little reload icon (looks like a round arrow) fixes this. But at odd times that doesn't work. So then you have to clear the cache as you guessed.

To clear the cache I'd need to know the browser. Or you can search "how to clear ??? cache" Put your browser name for ??? You'll find many good explanations.

Cheryl Badger wrote:

Have another question - When I post a link to our class website on facebook - a photo is displayed in the post.
Do you know how i can clear the cache or do what is needed so that the picture i just uploaded to our CC website is displayed on FB instead?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.