ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

USERS ONLINE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/08 11:39 AM Views: 1739 Replies: 8
Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM

At the bottom it shows "registered users online". Can you program it so that you can click on the name of those online and go to where they are or see their profile?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 6:14 PM - Response #1

wouldn't it be cool if it could tell you if someone was "on line" (sort of like "myspace") so you could communicate with them while they were on the site?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM - Response #2

Never mind - I just found that I repeated what had already been asked in another forum.

Brad - keep up the great work with the site!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 8:36 PM - Response #3

Tracy Estrada wrote:

At the bottom it shows "registered users online". Can you program it so that you can click on the name of those online and go to where they are or see their profile?

Not really, no. Because you're going to find that many Administrators' profiles are restricted to only their fellow Classmates.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM - Response #4

Vicki Terry wrote:

wouldn't it be cool if it could tell you if someone was "on line" (sort of like "myspace") so you could communicate with them while they were on the site?

No problem. Smile But for anyone reading this who might not know where the other thread is, what we're calling "real time communication" templates are something we will be building. They will feature the ability to see who is online, and you'll be able to send people online "bulletins" (to be explained later), instant messages, participate in live chat, and read discussion forums all at the same time. The ultimate in communication.

I have to make 2 things very clear about the upcoming real time communication templates so there is no confusion:

1) These will be quite awhile in the making, as we have other more pressing tasks before we can even start on them. I can't even give an estimate of when these might be available, but they are coming.

2) These real time communication templates will have to have some type of associated cost. Live chat and other dedicated connections to the server like this are extremely server intensive, and thus very expensive for us to host. For those wishing to turn these on, there is going to have to be a fee. Obviously using these will be optional. Don't quote me on this just yet, but we'll try to keep any fees for using these to under $100 per year. We understand many people would prefer these be included free too, but the only alternative to charging a fee for the real time communicaiton templates would be not offering them at all.

Edited 09/09/08 11:47 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 3:02 PM - Response #5

Hi Brad, that sounds reasonable but would you consider a free trial period so we can see if people will be using it or not before paying?
Thanks for working so hard to make this a great website.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM - Response #6

Oh absolutely. We'll probalby do something like use it for a month free and see if ya like it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM - Response #7

Fantastic!Very Happy
Thanks

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM - Response #8

The problem with the internet world is as soon as you hear of a new feature you want it NOW... Or as Bart Simpson would say "Are we there yet?"

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.