ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gallery Creator

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/07/12 12:23 PM Views: 2456 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Kyle, I took a look at your home page. It is really fantastic. Mine has a long way to go. How in the world did you get those graduation photos on the righthand side of the page. I also liked Regina's home page. I have limited time to spend on mine, but I am hoping to improve it within the next couple of months. You could spend hours on this! Thanks so much for your help Kyle. I know I am asking some basic questions.

Still trying to get the Gallery Creator to work for me. Last night, I went in and added a tab called Photos from the Past and downloaded a couple of photos, but I didn't seem to have any editing capabilities with that. Is there something I am missing? These photos are what I really wanted to add under the Gallery. Patsy

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM - Response #1

Patsy,

Here is how I got the graduation photos (yearbook photos) in the page background area of my website:
irfanview.com is a free image editing program. I used it to create several HORIZONTAL panoramic photos of about 15 classmates wide.
I created 22 of these horizontal panoramic photos.
I then used irfanview to create a VERTICAL panoramic photo and added all 22 of the horizontal photos to the vertical photo.
When I was through, I had a 330 classmates in the large photo that was created. (I only needed 324, so I repeated my school logo six times)
If you change the view on the browser to 50%, you can see that each row of photos repeats after 15 photos and each of the rows repeats vertically after 22 rows.

You should have limited editing capabilities from the Gallery Creator (cropping, lightening, etc.). If you don't have the editing capabilities, try a different browser to see if you get the editing with the new browser (try Firefox browser if you normally use Internet Explorer)

Hint: It is a good idea to have both of the main browsers installed on your system and to view your pages in both browsers. The reason is that each browser can display the contents of the page a little differently. So some of your classmates might see your home page just fine and others might see a big gap of white spaces.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle,
I noticed you are using bubbles coming from the bottom on your site. I recall that those things we had floating down from the top were causing some sort of problem and you didn't recommend them.
Where can we get the type of thing you used, and why doesn't that cause a problem?

Thanks,
Diana

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM - Response #3

I changed my Internet Explorer from 9 to 8, and it worked. I then had the editing capabilities. I've created a very modest gallery thus far.

So you are saying that it is best to view in both Firefox and Internet Explorer to determine which has the best editing capabilities for what I am doing?

Thanks again.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM - Response #4

Diana,

The bubbles came from www.dynamicdrive.com ... HERE : http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/index.html

It is called BUBBLE EFFECT.

The things you were using before were a vertical marquee. They were covering up your login box, so that if somebody wasn't logged in yet, they would have a hard time clicking on the box because the falling snow (or whatever it was) was in the foreground in front of the login boxes. The effects at DynamicDrive.com are done in JavaScript and are better.

Mouse,

No, I was saying not for editing capabilities, but for what your classmates will see. Because both browsers are equally popular, one classmate might see a different website than the other classmate. So, just a warning to view your home page in both browsers.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.